Best Way to Conserve Power

ksabz

Reaction score
So I got the Droid a couple days ago and have already tried switching out the battery at the store since I felt like it wasnt lasting as long as it should.
Now I do use the phone alot during the day, such as listening to Pandora and texting however my average battery like is probably 5-6 hours. Is this usual?
I have the Battery Widget to show the percentage of battery left because I couldnt find anything on the phone that would do that itself so I had to get the "Battery Widget" which is always running. I also always check "Running services" and basically close everything except "Android Keyboard" and "Battery Widget."
I also control my Display Brightness consistently, putting it on the lowest level whenever I am inside and dont need it. Can anyone tell me if there is anything I am doing wrong or what to do and if they are having this same problem? Thanks.

Wasisnt

Reaction score
I use the Advanced Task Killer Free app which lets you shut down apps that you may not know are running.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't really worry about it....it is what it is.

If I'm at my desk at home or work....it's docked
In the truck it's plugged in...

MikeCheat04

Reaction score
You can find the percentage of battery under Settings>About phone>Status.
On the power widget I usually leave everything off except wifi and screen brightness when needed. And instead of waiting for the screen to cut off by itself I always hit the sleep button as soon as I'm done using the phone. The display is going to eat up the majority of your battery. The best I've gotten is about 12hours out of the phone with moderate use of GPS, Wifi, emailing, surfing, etc.

Aaron636r

Reaction score
Battery life is short. But i cant complain too much...the thing works amazing and what I do with it has to consume battery life.

bishop

Reaction score
i turn off pretty much everything i am not using at the time. Advanced task killer will help but not too much. The things i found really kill the battery are the WiFi, GPS and to a degree Bluetooth. I use some simple widgets to control these without having to go through all the menus. All are by CurveFish and called Wifi ON/OFF GPS ON/OFF, and Bluetooth ON/Off. The Bluetooth one is not working on the Moto Droid yet but the others are. I didnt like the way GPS on/Off worked in one click mode because it needs to restart services to work so i set it to shortcut mode.

I also got the Brightness level widget from them too because i didnt like the auto dimm and have sensitive eyes so i rarely have it at full brightness. That plus cranking the brightness on the display down will conserve battery since it is the biggest hog other then gps.

jltung

Reaction score
power consumption

I agree with bishop about the biggest drains on the battery such as screen , GPS, wifi, and bluetooth. I like Adv Task Manager better than taskiller and Adv Task Killer.

TONYG2388

Reaction score
some people i talk to tell me the battery life is great and others complain it is extremely short. i just want to know if it will get me through the day on a full charge.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
some people i talk to tell me the battery life is great and others complain it is extremely short. i just want to know if it will get me through the day on a full charge.
depends really. If you use it heavily throughout the day more than likely no. Light to moderate use should get you through. Then again whats the definition of light to moderate to heavy : )

Jamming all this technology into a "small" handset is going to require a lot of juice. These devices nowadays are really just mini computers with a phone built into them and charging habits are definitely changing. Unless somebody that invents solar powered smartphones or some super battery we are going to have to live with this.

The days of going a couple days without charging is loooong gone : )

TONYG2388

Reaction score
youre right. i have the blackberry tour now and i charge it every night and the battery lasts me until i go to bed. im just hoping the droid is comparable to this or better.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have the BT off during the day and sometimes turn the WiFi off as well. It lasts about 1.5 days. It might last longer, but I keep playing with it. :)