Best way to close programs for memory?

kkwan77

Reaction score
Is there a way where you close programs not in use for memory considerations?

Does this feature exist out of the box?

ahampton2k

Reaction score
I downloaded an app called "Avanced App Killer Free" that seems to work pretty well.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Many have asked the same question, there is a way through the settings to close them but it's tasking and boring, Advanced App Killer Free is what i use and it works amazingly well.

OP
K

kkwan77

Reaction score
Many have asked the same question, there is a way through the settings to close them but it's tasking and boring, Advanced App Killer Free is what i use and it works amazingly well.

What is the way to do it through the settings?

iraparks

Reaction score
settings/applications/running services, you have to to do 1 at a time so app killer is the way to go

George

Reaction score
this application does the job , just installed it.

Dream

Reaction score
I have a question about closing apps. When I lauch the tast killer app it lists a lot more apps than in the application section under setting on the phone, why is this? And is the calander and other apps shown with task killer always running? Im kind of confused as to what is and isnt suppose to be running at all times...

NvrEnough

Reaction score
I have a question about closing apps. When I lauch the tast killer app it lists a lot more apps than in the application section under setting on the phone, why is this? And is the calander and other apps shown with task killer always running? Im kind of confused as to what is and isnt suppose to be running at all times...

Same here. What do I need running and what can be truned off. I know its preference but what are all you guys turning off?

:)

OP
K

kkwan77

Reaction score
settings/applications/running services, you have to to do 1 at a time so app killer is the way to go

I've looked into this but didn't list the open apps I had open. It only showed the standard apps - email, calendar, google talk etc.

Goza

Reaction score
A lot of those basic programs are always running in the background like calendar, etc... and it is like this with any smartphone. They will continue to run in the background, but don't worry because they dont use much, if any memory at all. The thing you need to be worried about is the larger programs like Trapster that is always using battery with gps and will kill the battery. Def use Adv Task Killer Free. It is agreat

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
This is a love hate thing the iPhone encounter, running apps and killing the battery. I would suggest a 2nd battery and keep a charger with you and charge your phone when possible.

Your usage will dictate your charging, but just having your phone on all day running the apps that support the phones functions, you'll need to charge your phone by days end.

A fully charge 2nd battery and charger is a must, anyone know if there's a Battery Charger that just used to charge the battery by itself.