best task killer app

Ieisha

Reaction score
it is so many different task killer apps on the market . does anyone have any recommendations on which is gonna be my best way to go and why. VZW told me this would speed up my phone back like it use to be so what do you guys think?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sure....None.....

Don't bother with them as they are not needed.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Verizon knows nothing about their own phones. You don't need a task killer, you need to find out why it's slow. Maybe you have a ton of big apps running in the background. Maybe you don't use them.

The best task killer is in the Android settings menu, manage applications, running...

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score
Verizon knows nothing about their own phones. You don't need a task killer, you need to find out why it's slow. Maybe you have a ton of big apps running in the background. Maybe you don't use them.

The best task killer is in the Android settings menu, manage applications, running...

Forgive me if i'm being dumb , but I don't see anything in therethat wouold affect my text message app from delaying

Garandhero

Reaction score
There is like a hundred posts why you don't need a task killer and how it will actually slow you down more....even google the guys who made the os says its not a good idea...Android is designed to kill its own tasks.... Did you install anti virus that will slow your system down alot she is un needed...

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score
There is like a hundred posts why you don't need a task killer and how it will actually slow you down more....even google the guys who made the os says its not a good idea...Android is designed to kill its own tasks.... Did you install anti virus that will slow your system down alot she is un needed...

Ok so Anyclue why all of a sudden it's super slow and not wanting to open things up fast like it use to

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If your phone is running slow and being sluggish, then there is an app not performing correctly. Find it and delete. You can find a replacement app on the market to do the same job as the one you deleted. The phone is not running slow due to low memory.

The android os will keep memory full and will remove sleeping apps from memory as it needs memory. If you task kill apps, either the same or other apps will be put back into memory by the OS. Apps in memory do not use cpu cycles or power. It takes the same amount of power to keep an app in memory as it does to have open memory - none. Find the app(s) that are not running correctly and get rid of them.

Droidarola

Reaction score
How does task killers slow your phone? I have advanced task killer and saved me many times from slowing down. Having a couple apps running in the background that I didn't need running at the time or exiting out an app and it didn't close I just hit my little green guy and he kills it all and my phone runs smoother.

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score
If your phone is running slow and being sluggish, then there is an app not performing correctly. Find it and delete. You can find a replacement app on the market to do the same job as the one you deleted. The phone is not running slow due to low memory.

The android os will keep memory full and will remove sleeping apps from memory as it needs memory. If you task kill apps, either the same or other apps will be put back into memory by the OS. Apps in memory do not use cpu cycles or power. It takes the same amount of power to keep an app in memory as it does to have open memory - none. Find the app(s) that are not running correctly and get rid of them.

I did that. Shucks I deleted all apps that I downloaded .

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Forgive me if i'm being dumb , but I don't see anything in therethat wouold affect my text message app from delaying

Forgive me, but I didn't see you say your texting is slow. Probably junky apps.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Im surprised this hasnt been posted before, but Task Killers wont even work with Froyo. The mechanism used by task killers to kill tasks was taken out in froyo, so kill all you want and the running apps will return.

OP
I

Ieisha

Reaction score

Forgive me, but I didn't see you say your texting is slow. Probably junky apps.

I have deleted all apps that were downloaded

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ieisha - wow you deleted everything? Hmm. Are you rooted? Can you preform a full wipe to start clean?