Best Task Killer App

n2bufit

Reaction score
Hello....i'm a new Droid owner, could anyone tell me the best Task Killer app to download? Did not realize there were so many to chose from........thx, Gary

Darkseider

Reaction score
DO NOT DOWNLOAD A TASK KILLER! BURN THEM WITH FIRE!!! AAHHH!!!! ok... another sledge hammer moment. Seriously just don't do it. EVER. Search the forums for Task Killers and you will see why you shouldn't. Just please please don't do it or a puppy will die.

OP
N

n2bufit

Reaction score
ok......i'll void the task killers......thx

Tater630

Reaction score
Ok idk if that guys serious or not but a task killer is a must have. If you are not rooted and running 2.1 I would suggest Advanced Task Killer. If your running 2.2 I would get Task Manager (made by apollo) These are used to shut down applications running and will save you a significant amount of battery life.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ok idk if that guys serious or not but a task killer is a must have. If you are not rooted and running 2.1 I would suggest Advanced Task Killer. If your running 2.2 I would get Task Manager (made by apollo) These are used to shut down applications running and will save you a significant amount of battery life.

I'll say just the opposite....A task killer is not a must have, not even close.
Let the OS do it's job....

Reaction score

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Learn what you are talking about. It has been proven that letting the Android system itself handle the closing of apps saves more battery life then using a task killer. The ONLY reason for a task killer is to close a malfunctioning app, but even then the android system has a task killer built in under settings - applications - manage apps - go to the app in the list - hit force stop.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'll say just the opposite....A task killer is not a must have, not even close.
Let the OS do it's job....

There is no need for a task killer. If anything it can cause problems.

Some say they have success with them. I think that any battery saving they think they are getting is placebo.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i look at it this way.

Why would Google release an operating system that if it needed a task killer, wouldn't be included in it?

it's obsession with free memory... just let the OS do it's job :)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Android is the best task killer! Turn it on and don't worry!

Tater630

Reaction score
I understand all of that guys. I've done my research :p. The os does free up its own memory by itself and all that but there is some things for instance dolphin browser opened tabs that need to be killed. Ok fine not a must have but handy in SOME cases. :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I understand all of that guys. I've done my research :p. The os does free up its own memory by itself and all that but there is some things for instance dolphin browser opened tabs that need to be killed. Ok fine not a must have but handy in SOME cases. :)

If you long press on the tab, it'll close...

markwebb

Reaction score
There is no need for a task killer. If anything it can cause problems.

Some say they have success with them. I think that any battery saving they think they are getting is placebo.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

I agree. When I first got my Droid, I thought it was needed and the more knowledgeable I became (thanks to forums like this one!), I realized I was having some issues and got rid of it.

I haven't looked back..and I don't worry about it.

Tater630

Reaction score
Ok ok ill try it out. See I work at sunset beach peir parkin cars (I'm only in college:p) and all I do is mod and play around with my droid. I go through a battery and about 80 percent of another one in just 8 hours. So ill try without a task killer and let y'all know which way is better for me. And it'll be close to accurate becuz I listen to music and browse the web all day everyday.

Tater630

Reaction score
So besides turning gps and sync off is there a way to save more battery life ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So besides turning gps and sync off is there a way to save more battery life ?

There are plenty of things you can do, but where do you stop turning things off and start enjoying the phone?

Really, your best bet is to get a Dock (I recommend Mikradle) a couple of extra batteries (cheap on Amazon) and maybe pick up a couple of wall chargers off of ebay. If you use it in your vehicle then invest in a car charger.

Smartphones suck up a lot of energy. I left mine off the charger and by end of the day I was down to 20% and I thought that was excellent. I pulled out one of my other batteries that were charged and put the one I just took out in the charger. I never worry about it that way.