Best pic app to replace gallery?

OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
Wow, talk about a perfectly HIJACKED thread. Well played, MBatt.

Does anyone have an answer for the OP? I'd like to know, myself. I don't give a FF about HTC's copyright issues.

LOL

B&B gallery is by far the best. It has pinch zoon and swipe to switch pictures. Otherwise it looks like the native app

Just search for "Gallery" in market and it's the second listed (bread and butter)

Thanks, does the job. Only minor concern is that unlike Gallery, it doesnt have a quick menu displayed to allow you to delete or share a pic, no biggie because you can do this with one click on the menu button.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks for steering this thread back on topic Erich. Got a lil off topic.
I've just stuck with the stock gallery app.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Martin, my pleasure :)

I tried the older version. It is just a tad better than the stock app, for the swipe browsing. Other than that, it's the same. I was hoping to find an app that allows me to move pics around folders and better organize pics, without having to use Astro or Linda file managers. Linda is a bit easier because it uses thumbnails of the pics, so you can see what the pic is, where Astro is just a generic icon.

mrnelson86

Reaction score
Martin, my pleasure :)

I tried the older version. It is just a tad better than the stock app, for the swipe browsing. Other than that, it's the same. I was hoping to find an app that allows me to move pics around folders and better organize pics, without having to use Astro or Linda file managers. Linda is a bit easier because it uses thumbnails of the pics, so you can see what the pic is, where Astro is just a generic icon.

For Astro there is an option to show thumbnail pictures in the preferences...under "Look and Feel"

Erich_F

Reaction score
Ah, kool.....thanks! I had to go back and forth with that in order to get it to refresh and make the thumbnails...but it's all good now.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Nemoplayer, ripped from Samsung's OS. You can find the APK on this site somewhere, not available on Market since it's hacked out of the other OS.

Much prettier media interface. I don't think it does Multi-touch though.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Nemoplayer.apk is floating around. It's a pretty nice UI but found it to be flawed in it's media player. Organization was too lumped together... albums weren't separate for artists. There was a whole thread on the Nemoplayer when the apk hit.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ yah, its definitely got its shortcomings, and is far from perfect. But it's so much better looking than the stock media player, that was enough for me to replace it. :)

I agree on the UI.... it's real sharp.