Best pic app to replace gallery?

stevo95

Reaction score
Tried picsay but it is more of an editing app. Is there an app with thumbnails etc, pinch and zoom that is better than the stock gallery app?

TIA.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I used Imagine Multitouch before I upgraded to 2.1

mbatts25

Reaction score
can anyone help my to get the beautiful widget its not in the market

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
can anyone help my to get the beautiful widget its not in the market
The HTC look of the widget is no more. Beautiful Widgets received a cease & desist from HTC. Unless you already had it downloaded and backed up the old version there's no way to get it on the market.

You can try Weather Widget, which is similar... and HTC has left them alone even though it looks almost exactly the same as Beautiful. Just an FYI.

vinnard

Reaction score
Why isn't the revamped version of beautiful widget on the market? I wouldn't mind having that version.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why isn't the revamped version of beautiful widget on the market? I wouldn't mind having that version.
HTC's doing.... After the cease & desist order was sent the developer of Beautiful Widgets immediately changed the look of the widget. Well this wasn't enough for HTC, so they made the developer pull Beautiful Widgets from the Market completely so that HTC could 'review' the changes made.

What a load of crap... meanwhile Weather Widget lives on with out a peep from HTC.

GBH2

Reaction score
HTC's doing.... After the cease & desist order was sent the developer of Beautiful Widgets immediately changed the look of the widget. Well this wasn't enough for HTC, so they made the developer pull Beautiful Widgets from the Market completely so that HTC could 'review' the changes made.

What a load of crap...

You can't just steal someone's intellectual property and expect that there will be no consequences.

meanwhile Weather Widget lives on with out a peep from HTC.

for now.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

What a load of crap...

You can't just steal someone's intellectual property and expect that there will be no consequences.

meanwhile Weather Widget lives on with out a peep from HTC.
for now.

The world revolves around intellectual property being ripped off... one good idea comes out and you see 9 other competitors with the same product almost instantly. I can understand HTC's concern since Beautiful Widgets looked exactly like their clock/weather widget, but once it was changed they should've backed off. Now they're just bullying. Even clearer by the fact that Weather Widget has been left alone. Just because it has skins doesn't make it any less of a rip off of intellectual property. It still has the option for the exact HTC look.
HTC picked Beautiful Widgets because of all the forum (here and other forums) buzz that Beautiful created. It was a top app/widget on almost everyone's list.
Meanwhile Weather Widget wasn't and has some updating issues and the animations require an add-on to get them to work.
Is it safe to assume that if Beautiful Widgets had allowed skins and required an add-on to download in order to get the weather animations to work that HTC would have left them alone? No... not with the number of downloads for Beautiful and the praise it received.

'Intellectual property'... meh.... look at half the movies released now a days... they're all someone's 'intellectual property' just remade. Only consequences when it bothers someone... otherwise it goes on and on day in and day out.

hughesjr

Reaction score
There is a difference between "looking like" something and actually using their items.

You can copyright code and images that you produce ... and that can not be copied.

If you look at something and design something similar without reusing any of their items, that is a different story.

So, the question is, did he use their code or images?

If he is using their code, and if it is not open source, then it does not matter if it looks the same or not. If he is not using their code or images, then it can look similar.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Wow, talk about a perfectly HIJACKED thread. Well played, MBatt.

Does anyone have an answer for the OP? I'd like to know, myself. I don't give a FF about HTC's copyright issues.

brianr0131

Reaction score
Wow, talk about a perfectly HIJACKED thread. Well played, MBatt.

Does anyone have an answer for the OP? I'd like to know, myself. I don't give a FF about HTC's copyright issues.

LOL

B&B gallery is by far the best. It has pinch zoon and swipe to switch pictures. Otherwise it looks like the native app

Just search for "Gallery" in market and it's the second listed (bread and butter)

Erich_F

Reaction score
Interesting, there are two versions on the Market...v1.0 and v1.2 (ad supported). Looks like the reviewers don't like the ad version at all...