Best insurance for Razr Maxx

walker77

Reaction score
I just got a new Razr Maxx to replace my HTC Thunderbolt. What is the best insurance for the Razr Maxx? Should i keep the Verizon insurance or go with some one else?

Also, is there an app or widget that i can get that would put a flip style clock on the home page like i had on my Thunderbolt?

Thanks guys

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Not sure on the insurance, for the widget I recommend Beautiful Widgets.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I chose Ensquared insurance for my Nexus. It's cheaper and there is supposedly a "90%" chance you'll receive a brand new replacement. There is a section here at DroidForums that could be more informative.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would keep the asurion VZW coverage. And I second Beautiful Widgets

wann495909

Reaction score
The reason I like the insurance thru VZW is beccause it extends the warranty as long as you have the insurance on the phone

macminn18

Reaction score
My daughter brought her phone into Verizon, having issues with it, and they said it would cost $100 for a replacement. Why have insurance?

Tru2Chevy

Reaction score
My daughter brought her phone into Verizon, having issues with it, and they said it would cost $100 for a replacement. Why have insurance?
Because without the insurance she would have to pay full price (generally in the $450-$600 range) for a new replacement.

If she's just having software issues (and there are no physical problems) I don't know why they couldn't just do a factory reset and send her on her way though.

- Justin

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score

Do you have insurance or TEC?
Total Equipment Coverage or TEC will cover the phone for all warranty and wear related issues for free. THe only time you need to pay the deductible is for damage to the phone, water and or drops. You also must pay if you lose the phone.

I had my wife's Bionic replaced for free because it has BSOD.

SallyC

Reaction score

I'm not so sure insurance is worth it either. I think it was about $10/month when I looked at it, plus the $100 deductible. So that means I'm looking at $240 (24 months X $10) plus the $100. I'm out the $240 even if I don't file a claim and I'm out $340 if I do.

I got my Droid Razr 6 months ago for $279 (with 2 yr contract) and I can buy one right now - not broken - on eBay for $300. I'm sure 6 months from now, it will be even cheaper, but I'd already have saved $40 over my monthly insurance plus deductible. Plus, if it just needs repairs, Motorola has some very reasonable repair rates listed here as well.

So maybe if I had a history of breaking or losing my phone it might seem more appealing to me, but I definitely wouldn't say buying insurance is a no brainer.

KZ_259

Reaction score
yeah, i can't really agree insurance is worth it, especially with the 100 dollar deductible. also, i've replaced cracked screens and other small hardware fixes so i'm not too worried about it either.

Andielyn

Reaction score
I've always gotten the extended warranty for my daughter's phone but not the no-fault insurance and it's paid off. She has had a few replacements over time, handled in store by Verizon. One time the problem was water so we were out of luck that time but I'd say in certain cases (teens) it's worth it. $1.99/month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2