Best hard protective case for the Motorola Droid?

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
I'm looking for a hard type case that will fit the Motorola Droid. A case that fits on a belt, so it cannot fall off the belt. A case strong enough to stand on, lay on, won't open up by accident so the phone won't get damaged.

I work in construction and have to crawl in attics and under homes and need a case that will protect the phone if I have to crawl on my stomach.

And the case/phone cannot come loose and fall off the belt or out of the case.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Have you tried searching the forums? There are several "Case/Hard Case" discussions going.

Slighter

Reaction score
That is exactly the same Shell/Holster combo Verizon sells for $29.99. I have it and so far so good. I am also in the trades but on a lay off right now so I haven't given it a serious field test...yet.Enter your location

Last edited:

loonie01

Reaction score
Verizon Shell/Holster

Thats the best holster for this phone. I can use the holster if need be. If not then I can just toss the phone in my pocket. It doesn't alter the slide out keyboard in any way. It doesn't add weight or girth to the phone. I love this case.

Enter your location

ShadowtheDragon

Reaction score
I just exchanged my old cover (Hard cover & Car Mount Combo) for the shell/holster and I am liking it a lot more so far. Primarily that it doesn't stick out as far with the belt clip as with the other kit, and that the screen is facing inside, so I won't have to worry about it being exposed and cracking by hitting against something.

creflo

Reaction score
I just exchanged my old cover (Hard cover & Car Mount Combo) for the shell/holster and I am liking it a lot more so far. Primarily that it doesn't stick out as far with the belt clip as with the other kit, and that the screen is facing inside, so I won't have to worry about it being exposed and cracking by hitting against something.

Exactly my story as well. Traded in the slick looking knob job :) with crummy suction mount ($29.99) for the shell/holster combo of equal price. The back (camera side) gets a nice, ribbed shell and that faces out when holstered. The clip is thick and sturdy.

Bought it at Verizon store and had them remove/replace the cases on the phone at THEIR risk.

I will be getting a vent clip mount later.

chesa319

Reaction score
I am wanting to get a cover for my droid but, I was hoping to get one that not only works but, looks nice. Have anyone found some like that to choose from?

husker_fan

Reaction score
Seidio Innocase Rugged is what I have. Its the best of both worlds, when I am at work I can drop it and run it into things with it on my hip and when I get home and on the weekends I have my normal Innocase on the phone.

fastpat

Reaction score
I'm looking for a hard type case that will fit the Motorola Droid. A case that fits on a belt, so it cannot fall off the belt. A case strong enough to stand on, lay on, won't open up by accident so the phone won't get damaged.

I work in construction and have to crawl in attics and under homes and need a case that will protect the phone if I have to crawl on my stomach.

And the case/phone cannot come loose and fall off the belt or out of the case.

Any suggestions?
I've used the Nite Ize hard case (some call it a holster) for about four months now and it does everything you want I think.

Hardcase01-vi.png

ExtractingtheDroid-vi.png

I've never had it come off my belt or had the phone fall out.