Monaco Aluminum case pictures

GerryG35

Reaction score
Proximity Problem?

I've had this case for about a month and found that I have to open the door after a call to get the screen to come back on. I wrote to the vendor and they contacted Monaco and both said they have not heard of this problem. I conducted many tests with the help of a good friend and with the case closed, the proximity sensor at the top left must be blocked because the only way I could see the screen to press END is to open the door.

Anyone else seen this?

dieselbmw

Reaction score
I've had this case for about a month and found that I have to open the door after a call to get the screen to come back on. I wrote to the vendor and they contacted Monaco and both said they have not heard of this problem. I conducted many tests with the help of a good friend and with the case closed, the proximity sensor at the top left must be blocked because the only way I could see the screen to press END is to open the door.

Anyone else seen this?

Well if the screen turns off when you put the phone up to your ear that means that the sensor is working. Try doing a battery pull and restart ur phone.

dieselbmw

Reaction score
I find it interesting that an eBay seller is backordered? I mean, they listed the quantity they had in the auction listing. Is it even legal to sell something on eBay that you don't even have?

This happened to me too!!! I have to get to the bottom of this! GRRR this is frustrating. I guess we both got it from the same seller.

bastosero

Reaction score
Is that problem with the case blocking the sensor still happening a lot?

vtrider159

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with the sesnsor covered, once in awhilem the screen goes black during a call but that is about it.

The case is pretty beat up now after a month and I'm thinking about painting it with Krylon........I still can't believe I am this involved with a damn phone case, but it looks like its a year old.

bastosero

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with the sesnsor covered, once in awhilem the screen goes black during a call but that is about it.

The case is pretty beat up now after a month and I'm thinking about painting it with Krylon........I still can't believe I am this involved with a damn phone case, but it looks like its a year old.

What do you mean by the phone goes black during a call? Isn't that suppose to happen since you are putting it against your head and the sensor gets blocked? Even if you didn't put it against your head, it would still shut the screen off after several seconds to conserve power (it does to mine). Or do you mean that before you pick up a call that the screen is already black? Also, which case did you get...the black or the silver one?

vtrider159

Reaction score
Sorry aboutthe confusion, once in awhile the phone screen turns off after a call so you cand hit the end button but that's about it.

I have the black case.

bastosero

Reaction score
Oh ok, I gotcha bro. :)

And I would assume the aluminum casing didn't interfere with the calls? I'm really thinking of getting one for my Droid.

vtrider159

Reaction score
Calls are fine with the case, actually today is one of the few days I am not using the case and I don't hear or see a difference, I have a Krusell leather pouch.

I am thinking of painting the black case for fun, maybe a matte black, the same color as one of my cars.

Last edited:

bastosero

Reaction score
Post some pics of it when you do, bro. Others that own the black case might be interested to see how it looks.

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
I'm looking hard at this case - I like that it holds the slide-out keyboard closed since I really don't use it much - but it's hard to tell from the photos if there is an integrated screen protector. It looks like it's open in the front and you would have to buy a stick on protector as well is that right?

vtrider159

Reaction score
Yes, don't bother with this thing, Mine bent and became useless after a drop to concrete. It also opened too easilly.

I'd go with an otterbox before this thing personally. I am on my 3rd droid phone as soon as fedex finds it and if this one is like tha last 2, I'm dumping it and the otterbox case which is brand new in the box, I'll give you a deal.

ark(i)tek

Reaction score
Good to know vtrider - thanks.
Otterbox - does that hold the keyboard closed?

vtrider159

Reaction score
No, it slides out. The back of the case is hard plastic and all the ports and volume knobs are covered by rubber. Otterbox makes 3 kinds of hard cases, but only one for the droid since the slid out needs to move. It's the best out there and isn't bulky IMO.

Right now, the case is worth more to me than the damn phone lol.