Abby-normal Case Question

horaceunit

Reaction score
Has anyone found a belt case that the Moto Droid will fit in when it also has the Body Glove Snap-On Cover also attached? I like the body glove, but I had a phone pop off after being bumped once using a similar type with the swivel clip for attaching it to a belt. All the cases I have come across are too small to fit the phone and the cover together. Is there actually a bigger phone out now, or in the last couple of years, than the Moto Droid? If so that case might work. Thanks!!

Droid Rules, iPhone drools!!

Aximtreo

Reaction score
No help but thanks for the Young Frankenstein reference; one of my favorites ever.

OP
H

horaceunit

Reaction score
Marty Feldman Photo

And of course: "Damn your eyes"!! (Igor points forlornly at his eye) "....too late..."

OP
H

horaceunit

Reaction score
Here is my Case!

OK! I found what I hope is the solution. I found an online store that sells stuff for EMS/Fire/Police personnel called: Rescue Direct ( Technical Rescue Equipment and Gear - rescueDIRECT.com ). The product is the Heavy Guard PDA Pouch item #- 052P1. Here is a picture:
attachment.php

Photos on the website are better quailty. It seems to work OK, and it is better than anything else I have found so far. With the Body Glove attached to the Droid it will fit into the pouch, but you do have to push it in pretty firmly, and it takes a bit of effort to pull it back out as well. The nylon the pouch is made from is very heavy and will make a good protector, and I think that as it loosens up over time and use it should get eaiser to get the phone in and out. So while not a perfect solution, it is the best I have come up with so far if you want to use the body glove, but don't trust it's belt hook as I do not.

husker_fan

Reaction score
I dont know where you live, but around here we have a store called Tractor Supply and I found a nylon case to put my phone in. Not the coolest looking case but it fits my droid with a seidio case very well. Best of all, it was in the store so I could try my phone out, but also it was only 3 or 4 bucks. I also found a leather type case at Auto Zone for 10 bucks.

I figured out to just always keep my eyes open for cases and its much cheaper to find them in a non-phone store. That nylon case I got at Tractor Supply for 3 bucks could easily be sold for 20 or 30 somewhere else.

OP
H

horaceunit

Reaction score
Where to get a Case

I'm not sure if there is a Tractor Supply store in the area- I looked at Walmart, Kmart, Sears, as well as several cell phone stores before I went to the net. Didn't think of autozone! The Body Glove is, I believe a bit thicker than most of the other ones, and that is what really gave me the problem. Thanks for the thoughts, though, it definately couldn't hurt to have a back up case!