best browser to use?

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
What's the best browser y'all have found to work on the nexus? I've tried Dolphin which I loved on my old DroidX, but it didn't seem to work as well on here. I'm using Chrome right now. Was curious is any others worked better.

someloser

Reaction score
Boat browser. My fav!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the difference between stock and chrome is...

They seem to be almost exactly the same to me.

Can someone please enlighten me?

someloser

Reaction score
I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the difference between stock and chrome is...

They seem to be almost exactly the same to me.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Stock is better... But not the best...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Best is subjective, which this thread clearly shows. Each has their own subjective pros and cons, which may or may not matter to the end user. For example Chrome is useless to me as it lacks Flash support, as I still visit a few pages that use Flash. Does that make Chrome a bad browser? No, as shown here quite a few like it.

I try other browsers, and while they have some nice features, I almost always end up back with the stock browser. It has most of the features I want/need in a browser.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
cupfulloflol said:
Best is subjective, which this thread clearly shows.

This is by no means a bash on you at all cupfull, but am I the only one who is tired of hearing and reading "best is subjective?" We know...

I think the OP was clearly looking for OPINIONS when the following comment was made in the first post.

shaynesgnex said:
What's the best browser y'all have found to work on the nexus?

Please fell free to call me out if I am out of line here, but I think I read "best is suggestive" in every single thread that is requesting other user's opinions.

It is clearly a true and 100% valid comment to make, but does it really need to be said in every thread where the OP is obviously asking for other people's opinions?

Lol sorry for the rant... no harm meant at all.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I'm going to have to say Firefox because my schools website doesn't accept chrome or safari, which by the way it sees the default browser as chrome! So the only way to log on was to use Firefox. I like Firefox's tab method.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
This is by no means a bash on you at all cupfull, but am I the only one who is tired of hearing and reading "best is subjective?" We know...
*snip*

I can understand your annoyance with my redundant responses. But I say this as I don't feel everyone knows this. When I see "What is the best *insert noun here*?" posts I feel obligated to tell the user that personal preference comes into play, and that popularity isn't always the best option for every person. Some of these sorts of threads don't make me think the OP is asking for suggestions, they make me think he/she wants to know what is the best. I have seen the OP come back and say something like "It looks like item A and item B are popular here, which is better between these two?" in threads in the past. I also see the helpful folks replying that forget that their own needs and wants may be different than person asking the question. Which my advice is also works for them.

I am basically trying to make sure that the OP does a little experimentation to form his/her own opinion and not just go with what is popular. Sure there are many cases where the popular thing may be your favorite, but in most situations it is in your best interest to try as many options as you can to see which is the best solution for you. Especially when it is as painless as downloading a few relatively small apps, most of which are free, and then using them as you see fit.

I really don't try to sound like a repetitious pest (even if it is true haha), and I am sorry if I do. I do usually try and offer some suggestions along with my best is subjective response, perhaps even putting in my opinion as well into these posts. I even did so in this thread. I understand users want suggestions when they ask these sorts of questions. I just can't bring myself to say something like "Stock is the best browser." and then leave it at that, when I know there are other browsers that are also good, perhaps even better in ways. Even if my own opinion is that way.

tl;dr Cup is a redundant nuisance.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm with Cup.

I'm all for suggestions and what we all tend to use, but really it seems people are afraid to experiment, if you will. In this case we're talking about browsers, they all do the basics the same, but each has their own features as well, it really depends what you're looking for.

That being said, I prefer the stock browser on my SGN, but Chrome on my tablet. Why? Because on my phone, Chrome looks funny to me, no matter how I resize things. All personal preference and like Cup, I'll keep replaying that broken record until people aren't afraid to try things on their own.

OP
shaynesgnex

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
Actually I wasn't looking for what's best overall, but mainly what's been working best on the Nexus itself. ive only had it for a little over 3 weeks. I know different phones run browsers different, as my old Droid X seemed to run Dolphin better. The Nexus I know has ALOT more "techy" aspects that could effect how some browsers run on it and become more user friendly. That's why I came to the Nexus forum and not the main Droid forum.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Actually I wasn't looking for what's best overall, but mainly what's been working best on the Nexus itself. ive only had it for a little over 3 weeks. I know different phones run browsers different, as my old Droid X seemed to run Dolphin better. The Nexus I know has ALOT more "techy" aspects that could effect how some browsers run on it and become more user friendly. That's why I came to the Nexus forum and not the main Droid forum.
No harm in asking a question. Like you mentioned on your X, Dolphin ran better, but how does it compare to run on your Nexus? Same thing as your X, you just gotta find the right browser that works best for you.