best browser to use?

OP
shaynesgnex

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
I meant more along the lines of which ones support certain features that work well with SGN. Like I know dolphin lost pinch to zoom on my nexus(not sure if that was a wide spread thing or not) etc...

b-jammin21

Reaction score
cupfulloflol said:
I can understand your annoyance with my redundant responses. But I say this as I don't feel everyone knows this. When I see "What is the best *insert noun here*?" posts I feel obligated to tell the user that personal preference comes into play, and that popularity isn't always the best option for every person. Some of these sorts of threads don't make me think the OP is asking for suggestions, they make me think he/she wants to know what is the best. I have seen the OP come back and say something like "It looks like item A and item B are popular here, which is better between these two?" in threads in the past. I also see the helpful folks replying that forget that their own needs and wants may be different than person asking the question. Which my advice is also works for them.

I am basically trying to make sure that the OP does a little experimentation to form his/her own opinion and not just go with what is popular. Sure there are many cases where the popular thing may be your favorite, but in most situations it is in your best interest to try as many options as you can to see which is the best solution for you. Especially when it is as painless as downloading a few relatively small apps, most of which are free, and then using them as you see fit.

I really don't try to sound like a repetitious pest (even if it is true haha), and I am sorry if I do. I do usually try and offer some suggestions along with my best is subjective response, perhaps even putting in my opinion as well into these posts. I even did so in this thread. I understand users want suggestions when they ask these sorts of questions. I just can't bring myself to say something like "Stock is the best browser." and then leave it at that, when I know there are other browsers that are also good, perhaps even better in ways. Even if my own opinion is that way.

tl;dr Cup is a redundant nuisance.

Cup - that was not meant to be anything personal to you...lots of people respond "best is subjective" to threads asking "what's the best..." or "what do you recommend..."

My point was just that I think people already know that "best" does not signify anything objective - they are simply looking for opinions and maybe worded it wrong.

I'll give an example. When I use Amazon.com to buy say...a toothbrush, for example (bad example, I know lol), I like to look at other peoples' reviews on the different toothbrushes available, then make a decision based on successes or failures that people have experienced with certain ones.

Now, if Amazon were to completely remove user reviews, which are completely subjective to their own personal preferences, on the grounds that they are subjective and don't exactly apply to others, Amazon.com would probably not sell too many products. I, for one, certainly will not buy every toothbrush that Amazon.com has to offer just to figure out which one is best for me.

So, my point is that, among all the different kinds of toothbrushes there are out there, it helps to have other opinions to narrow it down from hundreds to possibly a dozen or less. So yes, I completely agree that best is subjective, no argument there. But other peoples' subjective views help people looking for this feedback to narrow down the many, many choices.

This was not anything against you, Cup, as there are dozens of other people that say the same thing. I just find it a bit cumbersome and distracting to these kinds of threads when trying to weigh peoples opinions and make an easier decision based on that.