Best apps for tasks and memos? (previous Palm user)

aquar

Reaction score
I just ditched my Palm Centro for an Incredible. Have NO idea how to now store random "tasks" (i.e. lists of movies I want to see, books I want to read, etc...) and "memos" (i.e. records of my contact prescription, "how to" instructions for various things, etc...) on my Droid. Would also like an app that I could somehow sync with my computer, so that info could be typed on my computer keyboard rather than only on the phone touch screen.

Any suggestions?

pyro6128

Reaction score
in terms of tasks and to do lists, I can't recommend "Got To DO" enough. I bet a lot of people will come in here and suggest astrid, which is a great app, but Got To Do is better. Has a ton of features, and the best part is that it syncs online with toodledo.com (which is free), so you can type up your tasks/to dos on your comp if you want to and have it sync right to your phone, or the other way around. It also has a widget too, which helps with remembering things.

for memos and notes, there are a lot of apps out there. Some standouts are evernote, note everything pro, and 3bananas. I used note everything pro for a while. Its great and has tons of options. I ended up switching to 3bananas however because you can have it sync with snaptic.com, which is free. In my opinion, 3bananas and note everything are the best note taking apps, but if youre looking to sync, 3bananas is the way to go. Hope that helps

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Note Everything (Pro) can be configured to sync with google docs. It's a recent enhancement. Notes can also be tagged with reminder notifications. Another recent enhancement.

All in all, I'd have to say that NoteEverything is the most comprehensive and multifunctional app I have.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Colornote is an app I've used for a long time, but no typing on my PC so it ends up in there, no syncing that I'm aware of either. For a long list a cut and paste via email works but I don't think that's what you are looking for.

Backdraft

Reaction score
For notes I would suggest Springpad.

For tasks/to-do/GTD, I'm still trying things out between Astrid and Got To Do (which sync with different GTD websites, coincidently). However, I have yet to find an app that syncs with my favorite GTD/tasks site, Todoist.com.

cyber3dx

Reaction score
I've been using "AK Notepad"

Free in the Market.

I like it's simplicity. the ability to export as a text file, pin a memo to the desktop, sharing a memo, and easy to use edit features.