Best Android browser: 5 of the most secure and private to surf the net

Shmilyy2013

Reaction score
While not everyone believes that they need to go to such lengths as ordering a Blackphone to ensure that they’re using their smartphone in a secure and private manner, there are steps and specifics things that users can do to help curb the potential for any security risk. One of those steps include choosing a browser that is safe and secure, allowing for anonymous browsing should you choose to require it. Here are the top 5 secure browsers that we consider the most safe and private.

CM Secure Browser
The CM Secure Browser comes in at 19 megabytes and offers a ton of extensive options on top of a well thought out design. Apart from the nice animations built into the browser and intuitive operations, it also offers many options for addressing privacy and security. For example, you can restrict downloads, completely prohibit cookie tracking, and turn off the automatic storing of passwords. In addition, the CM Browser provides a malware protection feature built right in. The only cons that this browser has are the many permissions it requires, there's no VPN and takes up 19 MB of storage.

Ghost Browser
This browser really is limited to the basic and essentials: you can access websites and you get tabbed browsing, that’s about it. There are no other settings, no bookmarks, VPN, no history, nothing. That being said, it requires very few permissions, and has a small install size (1.3 MB). For those who are looking for something that they can just download and then not worry about, Ghost Browser would be a wise choice.

Private Browser
As with any app category, there’s always a black sheep. The Private Browser basically can only display web pages and that’s it. While the Ghost Browser above could at least give tabbed pages so that you can have more than one webpage open at once, Private Browser is bare bones. It doesn’t store any data, have any preferences or settings, or do really anything else, plus the design is a bit outdated. It's minimalism pure.

Javelin Incognito Browser
One of the leading browsers when it comes to safe surfing is the Javelin Incognito browser. A fancy design and a near-perfect user interface and design combined with security and privacy makes this browser one of our go-to browsers when it keeping private when surfing the net. Not only does it do everything your normal browser could do, but it also offers a VPN (proxy) service, which unfortunately, is a premium service and has a $1.99 a month fee associated with it.

We like the way things are laid out in this browser: thanks to sidebars on both the left and right hand side, you have quick access to all the operating modes of the apps, the settings, and bookmarks bar. Even the optional ad-block function brings a lot to the table.

Dolphin Zero
Dolphin Zero is an offshoot of the famousDolphin browserand is specialized entirely on the privacy and anonymity side of things. It can do everything that the regular Dolphin browser can do, but otherwise all the data the app stores while you’re browsing is deleted once you close it. As well, you can use the Duck Duck Go search engine which is designed itself for security and privacy and it bypasses Google all together. Though there are not a lot of features, nor does it offer VPN, it's one of the best.

Which browser do you use? Do you use a safe and private browser?

D

Divergent

The only one i agree with is Dolphin but browsers like CM are BS !
Cheetah Mobile is getting data from your device to their server but they say they keep it for their self but why would we trust them?
Their app called Clean Master is a really fake one, only the junk file cleaner and app backup is usefull .
The virus scanner in their apps is just scanning a blacklist of apps that don't fit their marketing plan.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Chrome > all. It's not even up for discussion as it syncs all data over all devices that you use.

D

Divergent

Chrome > all. It's not even up for discussion as it syncs all data over all devices that you use.
Agree I use chrome beta now

November/December will my HTC One M8 arrive !

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Thought you were getting an M7 in Oct? well, perhaps a better device will peak your interest by then. lol

tap'n on my S5

D

Divergent

Thought you were getting an M7 in Oct? well, perhaps a better device will peak your interest by then. lol

tap'n on my S5
Nahh i was looking at my money and what i will work.
I can get €360 ( M7 ) in the end of october and €560 ( M8 ) in november or december so why would i go for M7?
Hehehe, i'll go for the M8 :)

Chanblesas

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Well, just knew two of the list, how about UC browser? It domainetes marketshare here.

Edwin Bos

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Chrome is probably the best one, but not very private...

Think the OP point is finding an alternative to Chrome that doesn't sell your browser history to Amazon.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's not always bad to have interest filtered ads delivered to you instead of random stuff. If you are going to be looking at ads either way, at least look at the ones pertained to your person not some feminine products shown to a macho man.

Reactions: cr6
D

Divergent

Chrome is probably the best one, but not very private...

Think the OP point is finding an alternative to Chrome that doesn't sell your browser history to Amazon.
I haven't agreed with that, so i can hire a lawyer if they'll steal my companies browser history?

Team COD