Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

bolt.jpg

The BOLT browser is now out of private beta and is ready to be installed on to your Android phone. The BOLT browser is said to offer the fastest page loads of any browser on Android, 25% to 50% faster than the competition. The software supports pinch-to-zoom, tabbed browsing, URL auto-complete and a social tab that brings you an always-on connection to Facebook.

With the BOLT browser, pages render just as you see them on your desktop PC and the browser gives you video support for YouTube, ESPN, CNN and more even if your phone does not have Flash installed. Flash and HTML5 video can be viewed with "adaptive compression" for quick viewing.

The BOLT browser also allows you to save web pages and images to use offline. The browser uses WebKit based "cloud-computing architecture" and is available for free in the Android Market for those using Android 2.1 or higher.

bolt2.jpg
bolt3.jpg

Some features:

- Superior browsing, rendering Web pages just as they appear on personal computers
- Fastest page loading on Android devices
- Social Tab so you can enjoy always-on, easy access to Facebook
- Device independent Flash and HTML5 video with adaptive compression
- Tabbed browsing, URL auto-complete, a download manager, web history, cookies and more
- Ability to save Web pages and images for offline usage
- Support for JavaScript and Facebook applications/games like Mafia Wars
- Easy management of your favorites and ability to save them in the cloud
- Text copy/paste, click-to-call and pinch-to-zoom
- Full support for all Web mobile security standards
- RSS support for subscribing to Web-based RSS feeds
- Extended navigation support for physical keyboard with keyboard shortcuts
- Web Apps for quick access to Web services
- Best-in-class data compression maintains Web page integrity while being easy on data plans
- WebKit based cloud-computing architecture

[video=youtube;N8h6acrMnMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N8h6acrMnMQ[/video]

Grab it today from the Android Market

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I've only been using it for 5 minutes and I've already encountered a problem where it won't register a button press so I can't login to a web site.

Instead of being at the top of the page, the tabs are located in a separate menu. You have to press menu > tab > and then choose a tab. Those extra steps annoy me.

Back to Dolphin HD for me.

Abs

Reaction score
I think Bolt did a pretty good job with their browser but I have a few questions. Why do I need web apps when I can just have a widget for it? Let's take facebook for example. I can view facebook updates and notifications with a widget. Seems much easier than having to open a browser everytime I want to read a post. Also, I'm not so sure about their speed claims either. Although bolt was loading the desktop version or webpages, dolphin mini seemed much to me.

Overall, my suggestion to bolt would be to trim the browser down and focus on speed

Sent from my DROID2 running ApeX (RC3) using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While widgets are nice, they don't always give nearly close as much info as the actual app or website. Even facebook, the stock widget and themed widgets I've tried all lack in lots of areas. Using the actual site and/or app gives you easier access to viewing your profile, messages, chat(though I use messenger), news feed, etc.

Reaction score
On my droid bionic it is horrible, HORRIBLE. feels like i am kicking a dead whale up the beach. okay, I wouldn't say horrible — just really slow. Just look at the comments on the market, they don't lie. If it was actually fast as it says it is it would be my browser.

Reaction score
Get ready to surf the web at blazing fast speeds? Does it turn 3g into 4g?

My bionic already has blazing fast speeds, I'll still with dolphin HD.

svickstc

Reaction score
Not sure if this will be as fast as Dolphin HD...

Ill wait for reviews....