New Dolphin Browser Mini (beta) Released to Android Market

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dolphin-Browser-Mini.jpg

We finally can get our hands on the new Dolphin Browser Mini, as it has been made available on the Android Market. Their intent was to create a faster and more efficient browsing experience. The dolphin blog here shows all the details. They say that it is meant to be like the mini version of Dolphin Browser HD and the upgrade Dolphin Browser. The following are some of the highlighted features:
  • Speed through the web
  • Browse with ease
  • New fresh UI
  • Speed Dial Homepage
  • Infinite tabs browsing
  • Innovative Menu design
  • Powerful tool box
  • Gesture command
You can also check out the differences between the three browsers at the link above. For those of you who give it a try... please let us know what you think of it in the forums.

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hmmm
I have been using this from beta to the released version now.
I haven't found that its that fast in fact in my tests the HD version is much faster.
I even timed the mini to the android browser and its not that fast.
Maybe its not playing friendly with another app on my device but I don't think so.

Is it just me???

thanks

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Forgive the recycling a George Carlin joke, but what does "Browse with ease" mean??? I have and love Dolphin HD. Is that hard browsing? If they can make it "easier" on one browser, why not skip that and just fix the hard one? WTF?

-Matt

wlemammoth

Reaction score
I do like it so far, but I haven't seen much of an increase in speed. I think gadge is right though, why not just improve HD?

Darksthour

Reaction score
I like it a lot. When i open it it has a google chrome new tab feel to it with the "speed dial" feature. I don't have to go to a bookmarks screen to go to my favorite/most used sites. Even though I do agree its not faster from what i have seen but its also not any slower. I really like it its simple, smooth and looks good. Now also don't forget when you start bashing its only a beta. And for a beta I think its a really good browser. In fact i'm probably going to use it for my main browser for a while and really see how it works.

Freezetron

Reaction score
Much faster then standard dolphin browser I tried last month, it was so piss ass slow! Can I change the color, green isn't my thing

Sent from my DROIDX

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Normally I would agree about the green, but it goes along really nicely with the Avalon theme for Sapphire and looks as if it was developed to integrate in with the Gingerbread color scheme. J haven't tried it long enough to know if it's any faster than any other browser. I ditched HD months ago and have just been using stock because I didn't like how quickly dolphin grew in size and I too often had to go into the data/data directory and purge Dolphin HD's data ther.e. I gotta say though it looks really nice and seems fairly snappy. Not had for a beta

h4ckd

Reaction score
still doesn't compare to xScope lolz
no other browser does, but you have to pay a little money for the best.