Dolphin Browser HD for Android review

vera_w

Reaction score
Since Dolphin Browser released its new version HD for android 2.0+, I have downloaded it from android market. This is a new version of Dolphin Browser which gives you a new Mobile Internet experience than before. It could only be compatible with Android 2.0+, which may be a kind of pity. But it is much better than default browser. This new version is blazing innovative comparing to other browsers like opera or skyfire, which is the best multi-touch for android browser and the first android browser support add-ons except Fennec.

Let’s move on to see what Dolphin HD brings to us.
New Interface
When first launching, you will taste a totally new start face with quicker speed. No matter the pattern or the layout, both of them show you a new feeling. It provides you with smart & simple operation, fabulous experience for mobile web browsing.
Besides the tabs bar on the top, window flicking also allows you to view and manage all of your open tabs while you are looking at your currently open webpage. You could flick left or right to show Window Thumbnails anywhere anytime when browsing by Dolphin.

Multi-touch Pinch Zoom
Pinch-to-zoom control is much more responsive and smooth in Dolphin HD. In the older version there was some lag between the zooming motion and the contact our fingers made with the screen. In Dolphin HD pages expanded and contracted in perfect harmony with our gestures.

Add-on Support
The new Dolphin, first android browser support add-ons, set them apart from the main program so that you could browse in a quicker way than the old version. You can choose the add-ons up to your need, such as: Bookmarks to SD, Bookmark widgets, Google services and etc. Hope some more Firefox add-ons will put in Dolphin Browser HD soon.

Gesture Controls
Gesture controls, as seen in a number of Firefox add-ons and Chrome extensions, allows you to navigate your browser by drawing symbols on the screen. There’s a list of possible actions included, for which you can choose your own gestures. Although this feature is of course optional, it can allow you to navigate smarter, and faster.

YouTube Download
Dolphin has an exceptionally close relationship with YouTube. It supports both full site and mobile site whatever you prefer to view videos. Definitely it supports high definition videos. What is worth mentioning, you can download the videos you want so that you could view them offline, which is more smooth and convenient.

-How to save YouTube videos:
Simply browser a YouTube video, select the video to download in Dolphin Browser (or watch in native YouTube application) appear. You can find the video on your SD Card under “download” folder.

There’s a reason Dolphin quickly became the most popular Android browser. It’s a smartly designed application that not only fills a gaping hole in Android-based Web surfing, but also improves the technology’s implementation by allowing users to define their own touch gestures. Features such as tabbed browsing, theme pack support, and smarter address bar help Dolphin set the pace when it comes to function, ease of use, and fun in mobile browsing. Now the new Dolphin, which absorbs its quintessence in the older version and other browsers, is more intuitive and considerate.

32448_388898068580_125383963580_4149899_6222629_s.jpg
32448_388898053580_125383963580_4149896_2870923_s.jpg

you can download it from market, it's totally free.
Or download it from their homepage:
http://home.dolphin-browser.com/tunny/Download.htm
progress.gif

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
It runs in the background on startup. I hate that so I uninstalled it although it is a good browser.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like it; at first when the original Dolphin Browser came out it became my #1 browser. Then the updates which brought lag and it just lost its luster. Xscope became my #1 browser. Now with the new Dolphin HD I have to say it is back as my #1 browser. It is so much better then the original DB.

joker402

Reaction score
Its my main browser but I hate that the bookmarks are shown as a list rather than thumnail

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its my main browser but I hate that the bookmarks are shown as a list rather than thumnail

Well, as I said I uninstalled it but I think if you hit menu when on the bookmarks page you can see thumbs. Unfortunately, there's no address bar in that mode but I think if you swipe to the side you get one.

old no. 7

Reaction score
I like Dolphin HD, but I'm not sure if I like it much better than the regular Dolphin browser... Just found it today, is it really new?

Either way, it blows the stock browser outta the water... Pinch-to-zoom is hard to go without after I quit Dolphin for a while.

metsnfins

Reaction score
how much memory is it?

im about out of app memory, i have stock, opera, and skyfire (for flash videos) right now

SpykeZ

Reaction score
i still prefer the old dolphin, pissed me off when I got the new one and they saturate your bookmarks with a bunch of nonsense.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just noticed an update for the original dolphin so I went to see if HD had been updated. Sure enough, not version 1.0 anymore. And guess what?

IT DOES NOT AUTORUN ON STARTUP ANYMORE!!!

THANK YOU DOLPHIN! I will click one of your annoying ads some day.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love the new HD Dolphin, so sleek and organized. I however still want to theme it and it won't let me. Pulled the APK altered it, resigned it, but won't install. Damn you APK file!

kabingo

Reaction score
Downloaded this last night. Very intuitive. The YouTube ability is a plus.