Beginner's problems

Billwyoming

Reaction score
Finally got my Droid and love it. But how do I transfer files such as contacts and phone numbers from my old Treo 755p to my Droid?

Also, the phone keeps saying "DROID" -- why is that?

It keeps shutting off and the green blinking light in upper right hand corner stays on -- nothing in the book about that? Any ideas?

Sorry to be such a newbie . . . anyone out there want to help me?

Thanks and happy holidays from wonderful Wyoming!

droijo

Reaction score
You will most likely have to reenter all your contacts. The easiest I found in doing so is signing into your gmail account on the computer and doing it there. It'll syn to your phone.

DROID is the default notification sound. You can change this in settings/sounds.

The light blinking shows that you have notices. Email/text/etc.

Welcome and you'll love the droid.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I dont know anything about Palm's, but if you can export your contacts to a .csv file you will be able to then import them to your gmail acct and they will sync up automatically.

much easier than entering them manually.

Taegost

Reaction score
I dont know anything about Palm's, but if you can export your contacts to a .csv file you will be able to then import them to your gmail acct and they will sync up automatically.

much easier than entering them manually.

Yeah, this would be your easiest option. If you have your Palm set to sync with Outlook or other PIM application, it should have an option to export it to a .csv file.

bje1982

Reaction score
Theres a Google Sync app for blackberry that syncs your stuff to gmail for you from the phone Im unsure if the app is made for Palm but you should check its super easy.

Edit: This maybe? http://www.companionlink.com/products/

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I suggest going to a Verizon store with your old phone and new Droid and ask them to transfer your contacts. That's what I did and there was no charge.

bje1982

Reaction score
I suggest going to a Verizon store with your old phone and new Droid and ask them to transfer your contacts. That's what I did and there was no charge.

That would be the easiest way but now most stores charge $20 unless you bought the phone from that specific store.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

That would be the easiest way but now most stores charge $20 unless you bought the phone from that specific store.

Interesting. I bought my Droid at BB and took it to a Verizon store the next day because BB didn't have the software yet.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You will most likely have to reenter all your contacts.
Data can easily be transferred over from a Treo (as well as a Blackberry). Odds are that the OP is snycing with a desktop PIM app anyway. The PIM should offer export features and CSV is a very standard format across platforms.