Beats Rezound

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You basically said that the Rezound sucks because it doesn't have Gorilla glass and its too big for you. Get over it. Technology doubles every 2 years. This phone proves it. It has double the RAM of your Incredible, more than double the processor, and more, yet you still complain? Then you try and tell me that I am on drugs? I think you must have had some scaffolding fall on your head at some point in time or something.

I think an iphone would be better for you and your small hands.

Boot Manager
What I am trying to say is, compared to the competition it is lame, what planet are you from.

vzwuser76

Reaction score
First, just because they didn't use Gorilla Glass does not mean it's not fortified glass. Gorilla Glass is a brand name by Corning for their fortified glass, just like Sawzall is a brand name of Milwuakee's reciporcating saw. Does that mena that there are now other good reciporcating saws? Not at all.

So far the only dual core that really outshined the S3 is the Enyos, of which I haven't seen one yet in the US. Most of the Galaxy S2 variants here have either an S3 or OMAP processor in them.

The GPU in the Rezound (Adruino 220) is said to be either on par or better than the SGX540 that the Razr & Nexus are using. Side note, the SGX540 is the same gpu that was in the Droid X and Fascinate from last year. The Adruino gpu didn't show until this year. For this go around they clocked the 540 in the mid 300s instead of around 200 like in the X & Fascinate.

As far as the thickness, I don't like a phone that's like holding a credit card. I tried out a friend's Droid X and hated it. I talk on the phone alot, and I've found the thinner they are, the less easy it is to hold them for lond periods. The Thunderbolt was fine except that I wished the edges sloped in more for easy of holding. The Rezound has that.

Cybertec69, I get it, you were disappointed. The Rezound wasn't everything you were expecting. So what's the point of coming on here and bashing the phone? If you're not going to get it, fine, I really don't care. But if you aren't going to get it, why not go to the forum of the phone you are going to get. It sounds more like you're trying to get others to agree with your decision not to get the Rezound so you'll feel better about it. I was let down by both the Razr (non removable battery & the screen) and the Nexus (pentile screen, no sd card, comes in 16 or 32 GB versions, and I'd bet money that the $299 price is not for the 32GB version so think around $350-$400) but I don't go to those forums and tell everyone who can read what a big mistake they're making. Most everyone on here has made their decision what they're going to get. There's no point in trying to get them to change their mind.

bigdad63

Reaction score
Yea, its as thick as your 3 year old smartphone, technology is supposed to go forward not backwards, and NO Gorilla Glass is just BS, Gorilla Glass is a must in my book, if this is supposed to be your new super smartphone it should come with Gorilla Glass, I hate screen protectors and many others do also, my Incredible which is almost 2 years old has Gorilla Glass, and my screen still looks as new as when I first bought it, I am in the construction industry, even though I take care of it, it still sees its share of abuse.
In my eyes HTC is going backwards, Beats audio, "I use Power Amp from the market, and my Incredible rocks, of course I use quality headphones" are they serious, this phone compared to the Razr is way behind, go check out the specs and hardware and build quality and tell me otherwise, I am no fanboy like most of you in here are, I also was looking forward to next great smartphone from HTC, but I was extremely disappointed. No wonder they held a half backed presentation two weeks after their competition, they thought this brick was going to slide under the radar. It's still not on their website, figures.

Appreciate your passion, fortunately I make my own decisions based on what I like the best. My top 3 upgrades desired are screen, cam/vid, and processor. On paper right now it looks like the rezound best meets these 3 and a variety of lesser wants. Beats? What can I say, I've liked the way it has sounded so far. Idc if you don't like it. For me (again) any sort of FACtory scratch resistance willl do. The only thing that ever goes in my Right pocket is phone and wallet. I'm going to get 1 of the 3, my only decision is if I wait a couple of weeks to get longer term reports on things like battery life, or if I just pick and pay $35 to restock if I change my mind (unless BB is going to Carry them all in a timely fashion).

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Add the better specs and possibly speedy update to ICS for the Rezound, and that puts it in the lead for me.
do you know how long it took thunderbolt to get gingerbread update? if i were to guess, htc will be the last of 3 to get updated sometime in 2nd half of next year.

bigdad63

Reaction score
do you know how long it took thunderbolt to get gingerbread update? if i were to guess, htc will be the last of 3 to get updated sometime in 2nd half of next year.

you obviously haven't noticed how sweet our developer community is. I bet they'll have ics for multiple phones in no time at all (at least those that aren't too locked down. And even that has caveats bcuz apparently they've Already rooted the Razr).

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i was talking about official updates from manufacturers. you have to understand that rooting/hacking/modding community is a very small portion of customer base.

vzwuser76

Reaction score

If I recall they never gave a timeframe for getting Gingerbread on the Thunderbolt. And if you look at how long it took all oems to get Gingerbread on their phones, they basically waited until a few months before their new flagships came out. The only reason the Nexus is in the clear here is that it's updates come from Google directly.

One of the reasons I plan to steer clear of ICS for a bit is there will undoubtably be bugs when it launches. Every new OS will have that. But by the time they get them ironed out the devices with skins will benefit from that. Will there be bugs in the skinned versions of ICS? Sure, but there they only have to worry about bugs in the skins, not in the core OS as well.

The fact of the matter is that I am still kinda considering the Nexus, but after dealing with Samsung's quality control on a few devices I am very leery of going with them. I bought a Samsung wifi blu-ray player and after less than a month it basically locked up and I had to do a full reset on it. My Brother's 42" lcd tv just had to have the main board and power supply replaced after a little over a year. We have 2 Samsung feature phones on our family plan and one quit working completely while the other randomly turns off all sounds and drops calls a lot. A buddy's Fasciante still has gps issues and very poor signal after a few replacements. But again the biggest things for me is no sd card and battery life. Now while battery life may be better than the Rezound's, there wasn't a whole lot of difference between the Thunderbolt and Charge with both completely stock (around an hour or two). Say I go to put an extended battery on the Nexus (if they have one), how crappy is that going to look on a thin, curved phone? It'll most likely be a hump like the Tbolt had for theirs. At least HTC has one for the Rezound that looks like there was some thought as to the look of it.

And before anyone screams fanboy, before I went with HTC I had around 7 Moto phones, so I like their stuff as well. Where I stopped giving them a lotta thought was when Blur came onto the scene. If they would just drop it and be the stock android alternative they would do huge business, especially with what ICS is looking like. Rather than trying to differentiate themselves with a custom skin, they could do that by being the only oem that does stock for all of their phones. In the US the only competition for stock android would be the Nexus series and maybe a couple of others. Some people feel the same way about Sense, but at least their skin actually brought useful features that the stock was lacking. Does Sense still need to be there? Maybe, maybe not. Once we start to see ICS in the real world and try it out against the current Sense that will be the deciding factor. Besides, if you go with a Sense device you can always root and then go stock android. But if you go stock but still like Sense you're outta luck. Sure there are some that give you the look, but not the actual Sense.

Last edited:

bigdad63

Reaction score
i was talking about official updates from manufacturers. you have to understand that rooting/hacking/modding community is a very small portion of customer base.

Very true, I could be at their mercy. But while I really want ics, I can live without it for a while if the rest of the package checks all of my major boxes. Can't wait to get my paws on these phones.

omnomnom

Reaction score
Get guys, let's stop the arguing. It's starting to get ugly.

Indeed.

So I'll ask a question I haven't seen answered anywhere: Do the included "Beats" earbuds include a mic, so you can use them to make a phone call? Or are these pretty much just for music. It would be kind of a pain to have to pull the earbuds out of your ears to answer the phone.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Indeed.

So I'll ask a question I haven't seen answered anywhere: Do the included "Beats" earbuds include a mic, so you can use them to make a phone call? Or are these pretty much just for music. It would be kind of a pain to have to pull the earbuds out of your ears to answer the phone.
you can receive and make calls with the ear buds, they have a mic attached to the cord, there is a 19 min review on YouTube on the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

omnomnom

Reaction score
you can receive and make calls with the ear buds, they have a mic attached to the cord, there is a 19 min review on YouTube on the Rezound.

Good to know, thanks. I found the video on YouTube, and it's pretty thorough. He liked the screen a lot, and the camera too. This might end up being my next phone...

dennism1358

Reaction score
I have to admit I thought the beats audio was just a marketing ploy. But I was wrong. With the beats engaged the volume was boosted and the music was very clean. When the beats was shut off you could really tell a big difference in sound quality.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I have to admit I thought the beats audio was just a marketing ploy. But I was wrong. With the beats engaged the volume was boosted and the music was very clean. When the beats was shut off you could really tell a big difference in sound quality.

I agree...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You sure it;s not sabatoging your audio like it does on those new hp laptops after you turn beats audio off? Iirc, it turns bass all the way down and leaves the treble slider at flat. It should leave both of them at 0. (On the hp beats laptops...)
I recommend you do some research before buying into beats. Seriously. Fanny Wangs is a great alternative, along with those new Souls by Ludacris if you're going for celebrity endorsed.