Beats Rezound

vzwuser76

Reaction score
Beats or not, show me another LTE phone on Verizon that has debuted with a price point lower than $299. The Revolution was the only one and I would rank it 4th out of the first Verizon LTE's. Not only that, but take a Thunderbolt, give it the highest ppi of any phone currently, give it the highest factory clocked dual core currently, a much impoved rear and FFC along with the camera software, the newest sense UI and I really don't see how it won't sell for less than what the Thunderbolt & Charge launched at. Beats is only a plus.

Yes there are better earbuds out there, but when have ever seen them packaged with a phone? The funny thing is some of the earbuds people are touting are around $200, and all they do is give quality sound. Yet some blast the Rezound's $299 price tag. So $200 earbuds are fine but a $299 smartphone is outta line? Now do I think that the standalone price for Beats headphones is to high? Probably, never heard them. I've got some Klipsch S2's that sound great. Are they the best? No, but I got them for $50, so I'd say a good deal.

The Rezound is better specs wise compared to the Razr & G-Nex. They are being aggressive on the ICS update for it.

Many will point out the battery size on the Rezound. If you look at talk times and figure the battery size 100-200 mAh isn't a big difference. Even figuring a 10% efficency loss due to the Sense UI, there probably won't be more than an hour or two difference between the Rezound and the other two. Add to that no removable battery for the Razr, so to me it'd be between the Rezound and the Nexus. Add the better specs and possibly speedy update to ICS for the Rezound, and that puts it in the lead for me.

Last edited:

compchick813

Reaction score
Beats or not, show me another LTE phone on Verizon that has debuted with a price point lower than $299. The Revolution was the only one and I would rank it 4th out of the first Verizon LTE's. Not only that, but take a Thunderbolt, give it the highest ppi of any phone currently, give it the highest factory clocked dual core currently, a much impoved rear and FFC along with the camera software, the newest sense UI and I really don't see how it won't sell for less than what the Thunderbolt & Charge launched at. Beats is only a plus.

Yes there are better earbuds out there, but when have ever seen them packaged with a phone? The funny thing is some of the earbuds people are touting are around $200, and all they do is give quality sound. Yet some blast the Rezound's $299 price tag. So $200 earbuds are fine but a $299 smartphone is outta line? Now do I think that the standalone price for Beats headphones is to high? Probably, never heard them. I've got some Klipsch S2's that sound great. Are they the best? No, but I got them for $50, so I'd say a good deal.

The Rezound is better specs wise compared to the Razr & G-Nex. They are being aggressive on the ICS update for it.

Many will point out the battery size on the Rezound. If you look at talk times and figure the battery size 100-200 mAh isn't a big difference. Even figuring a 10% efficency loss due to the Sense UI, there probably won't be more than an hour or two difference between the Rezound and the other two. Add to that no removable battery for the Razr, so to me it'd be between the Rezound and the Nexus. Add the better specs and possibly speedy update to ICS for the Rezound, and that puts it in the lead for me.

I couldn't agree more!

Sent from my HP Touchpad running CM7

kparks

Reaction score

Exactly!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Frankly, there is a huge difference. A shure se425 will blow the beats out of the water, quiet environment or not. Good iems will isolate massive amounts. Beats("studio") are good if you can get them for sub $100. Actually, I prefer my Altec Lansing backbeat 326 over them, for virtue of being more neutral and better sound stage. And they are by no measure, neutral. Beats are good at only low price. At that point, I'd swap the drivers out with orthos from a fostex t50rp or the like.

Ok....you know stuff about head phones...cool.
These are not good enough for you...cool.

Enough said.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums

bigdad63

Reaction score
Beats or not, show me another LTE phone on Verizon that has debuted with a price point lower than $299. The Revolution was the only one and I would rank it 4th out of the first Verizon LTE's. Not only that, but take a Thunderbolt, give it the highest ppi of any phone currently, give it the highest factory clocked dual core currently, a much impoved rear and FFC along with the camera software, the newest sense UI and I really don't see how it won't sell for less than what the Thunderbolt & Charge launched at. Beats is only a plus. Yes there are better earbuds out there, but when have ever seen them packaged with a phone? The funny thing is some of the earbuds people are touting are around $200, and all they do is give quality sound. Yet some blast the Rezound's $299 price tag. So $200 earbuds are fine but a $299 smartphone is outta line? Now do I think that the standalone price for Beats headphones is to high? Probably, never heard them. I've got some Klipsch S2's that sound great. Are they the best? No, but I got them for $50, so I'd say a good deal. The Rezound is better specs wise compared to the Razr & G-Nex. They are being aggressive on the ICS update for it. Many will point out the battery size on the Rezound. If you look at talk times and figure the battery size 100-200 mAh isn't a big difference. Even figuring a 10% efficency loss due to the Sense UI, there probably won't be more than an hour or two difference between the Rezound and the other two. Add to that no removable battery for the Razr, so to me it'd be between the Rezound and the Nexus. Add the better specs and possibly speedy update to ICS for the Rezound, and that puts it in the lead for me.
+1 again. I'm also a little amused at how people are talking about how thick it is when it is about the same thickness as my d1. No, the resound isn't as thin as the others , but it's still very manageable considering all of the goodness packed inside.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 again. I'm also a little amused at how people are talking about how thick it is when it is about the same thickness as my d1. No, the resound isn't as thin as the others , but it's still very manageable considering all of the goodness packed inside.
Yea, its as thick as your 3 year old smartphone, technology is supposed to go forward not backwards, and NO Gorilla Glass is just BS, Gorilla Glass is a must in my book, if this is supposed to be your new super smartphone it should come with Gorilla Glass, I hate screen protectors and many others do also, my Incredible which is almost 2 years old has Gorilla Glass, and my screen still looks as new as when I first bought it, I am in the construction industry, even though I take care of it, it still sees its share of abuse.
In my eyes HTC is going backwards, Beats audio, "I use Power Amp from the market, and my Incredible rocks, of course I use quality headphones" are they serious, this phone compared to the Razr is way behind, go check out the specs and hardware and build quality and tell me otherwise, I am no fanboy like most of you in here are, I also was looking forward to next great smartphone from HTC, but I was extremely disappointed. No wonder they held a half backed presentation two weeks after their competition, they thought this brick was going to slide under the radar. It's still not on their website, figures.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, its as thick as your 3 year old smartphone, technology is supposed to go forward not backwards, and NO Gorilla Glass is just BS, Gorilla Glass is a must in my book, if this is supposed to be your new super smartphone it should come with Gorilla Glass, I hate screen protectors and many others do also, my Incredible which is almost 2 years old has Gorilla Glass, and my screen still looks as new as when I first bought it, I am in the construction industry, even though I take care of it, it still sees its share of abuse.
In my eyes HTC is going backwards, Beats audio, "I use Power Amp from the market, and my Incredible rocks, of course I use quality headphones" are they serious, this phone compared to the Razr is way behind, go check out the specs and hardware and build quality and tell me otherwise, I am no fanboy like most of you in here are, I also was looking forward to next great smartphone from HTC, but I was extremely disappointed. No wonder they held a half backed presentation two weeks after their competition, they thought this brick was going to slide under the radar. It's still not on their website, figures.

You try and pack a 1.5GHz dual core processor, 1GB RAM and more into a paper thin phone? Are you expecting it to fit in your wallet? And if you are so worried about your screen breaking, you need an Otterbox.

The Rezound is better in every way than your Incredible. I think someone is jealous.

Boot Manager

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying the specs are better, but would you rather a 1.5ghz core 2 duo or a 1.2ghz i5? I'm going to need HTC to step it up.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Creed

Reaction score
  • Beats® Earbuds are good, the problem is that this phone comes with the regular phone earbuds with Beats branding.
  • 1.5 ghz dual core means nothing because the chip isn't really better than the OMAP chip in the Nexus...
  • The battery is small.
  • It has 1g of RAM just as all the others do.
  • I has the worst GPU of them all.
  • But despite it being the worst from a hardware perspective it is the thickest. Why?
  • (As far as sound quality, Beats audio basically takes a regular equalizer and brings the bass WAY down, not much more.)
Basically it is slightly worse than the Nexus form a hardware point of view and yet 1/3 larger.

kparks

Reaction score
  • Beats® Earbuds are good, the problem is that this phone comes with the regular phone earbuds with Beats branding.
  • 1.5 ghz dual core means nothing because the chip isn't really better than the OMAP chip in the Nexus...
  • The battery is small.
  • But despite it being the worst from a hardware perspective it is the thickest. Why?
  • (As far as sound quality, Beats audio basically takes a regular equalizer and brings the bass WAY down, not much more.)
Basically it is slightly worse than the Nexus form a hardware point of view and yet 1/3 larger.

U really think beats is going to put these brandings on sub par headphones that get mass produced to the population??? What do u think that would do to monster and the beats brand?? Yea right put it in the toilet. do some thinking before u post bro!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
  • The battery is small.

See, everybody else, including myself, notice that beats increases the bass over normal, not reduces. After all, its Dr Dre's company, therefore it is suited for hip-hop well

Boot Manager

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
You try and pack a 1.5GHz dual core processor, 1GB RAM and more into a paper thin phone? Are you expecting it to fit in your wallet? And if you are so worried about your screen breaking, you need an Otterbox.

The Rezound is better in every way than your Incredible. I think someone is jealous.

Boot Manager
Jealous, you for real. I was looking forward to this phone more than anyone, just stating the obvious that's all, when the Incredible launched it was THE phone to get, does not look like it for the Rezound Brick. By the way how old are you, and what made you think I was jealous, its not like I just got one of the latest smartphones and now am trying to put down the Rezound, kid, I am comparing it to my two year old Incredible. Advancement has slowed to a crawl for HTC, and by them thinking this Beats gimmick is going to fool people, they are sorely mistaken, they just lost my hard earned $'s. Drugs are bad for you.

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You basically said that the Rezound sucks because it doesn't have Gorilla glass and its too big for you. Get over it. Technology doubles every 2 years. This phone proves it. It has double the RAM of your Incredible, more than double the processor, and more, yet you still complain? Then you try and tell me that I am on drugs? I think you must have had some scaffolding fall on your head at some point in time or something.

I think an iphone would be better for you and your small hands.

Boot Manager