BB Storm 2 to a Droid X on a Macbook Pro

D

DuncG

Like others I have seen on this forum I have gone from a Storm 1 to a Storm 2 and am now considering getting the Droid X as BB has just burned me up and out.

But I do have questions I was hoping members of this group might answer for me.
1) I use Entourage, the MS Office for Mac equivalence of Outlook for mail, calendar and contacts. I also have Mobile Me. What is the best way to sync the Droid X with my Mac?
2) I understand that some use Google's Sync for Contacts, calendars etc. Is this a one pass sync or do you have to do one for the Calendar, one for Contacts etc?
3) Will the Droid sync tunes with iTunes?
4) I have found the BB Desktop for Mac to be an easy approach for Syncing and doing backups of the system and applications. Is there a similar application for the Droid X and Mac's?
5) Is there anything else that would be helpful to know before deciding to get the Droid X?

Thanks Dunc

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I can't be to helpful but what I can say is

1) think you are going to be disappointed in the corp sync for droids, I just read a post about a 20 $ program that a few people seemed to like, called Touchdown for Exchange

2) you can choose by checkbox whether you want it to sync calendar, contacts, mail, then once you choose those it will do it automatically till you tell it otherwise.

3) I believe it can, I use wmp though so not sure

4) there are programs that can back stuff up I have seen titanium talked about a couple times might wanna check into that.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Also I came from BB Pearl>BB Curve>BB Tour to Droid X and never even thought to look back. I think you will be very happy with the X if you decide to go with it.