Battery

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Need help what's the best battery saving app my phone dies way too quickly and I don't want to upgrade til my contract is done next Dec so battery and task kill for my I guess plz help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
You can try juice defender. Never really used it, but I've heard extremely good things from users.
I didn't really have too bad of battery life on my DX. Make sure your GPS, wifi, Bluetooth, etc are all off when you aren't using them. Other than that, I don't know what else to say! :)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

leftspin

Reaction score
I've found that Juice Defender ends up being more of a pain than a help. It's main thing for saving battery life is shutting down data connections when the screen is off, but that's inconvenient when you need email notifications pushed to your phone or you want to download something and don't want to sit there babysitting your phone so the screen doesn't shut off and stop the download. The process it runs to do this ends up killing more battery than it saves. Task managers are also a no go because Android has a good enough task management system that task managers will cause it to perform poorly.

The best way to improve battery life is to keep GPS off unless you need it, WiFi off unless you're connected to a network, 3G off in low service areas and screen brightness down. You could also try to limit the number of app widgets that are connected to the internet and refreshing themselves. Also, if you use a lot of apps that kill the battery like games, facebook, etc then your battery will drain fast.

If you've had the phone a while too, you may just want to consider a new battery. I got one off of Amazon for like $5 and my battery life tripled when I switched to the new one

Natey2

Reaction score
One needs to identify what is draining the battery in your particular case.
My highest battery usage:
1. Screen
2. Data
3. Voice calls

I lowered screen brightness.
JuiceDefender (I use the Beta versions) significantly helped #2. But if you need data availability at all times, my solution may not be suitable for you.
And be aware that there is some delay (about 15 secs) for data to become available when a phone wakes up from JD.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Need help what's the best battery saving app my phone dies way too quickly and I don't want to upgrade til my contract is done next Dec so battery and task kill for my I guess plz help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

1) Enable data saver.
2) Put battery in Night time saver mode.
3) Make sure screen brightness is set to Automatic.
4) Maybe calibrate your battery.