Phone restarting 1-2 times a day, why?

Xerofire22

Reaction score
Lately, my phone has been restarting, freezing up, and my battery had been going okay, not as good as it normally does but its manageable. Can someone explain to me why o.o?
If it has anything to do with killing your tasks, I do it!

Before anyone wants too get wise and say something about its already been asked / answered I don't care. They're forums for people who need help or want to discuss something.
Just sayin' ;]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lately, my phone has been restarting, freezing up, and my battery had been going okay, not as good as it normally does but its manageable. Can someone explain to me why o.o?
If it has anything to do with killing your tasks, I do it!

Before anyone wants too get wise and say something about its already been asked / answered I don't care. They're forums for people who need help or want to discuss something.
Just sayin' ;]

This is a family friendly forum. I've edited your post so that's it is acceptable. But I still don't like the way you ask for advice.

We are here to help each other. If someone doesn't respond correctly report the post.

You use a task killer? Yes, I would guess that's part of your issue. Remove it. If you still have a problem then do a factory data reset. If that doesn't fix it then you have a problem with your phone. You may want to take it back to Verizon.

Natey2

Reaction score
You use a task killer? Yes, I would guess that's part of your issue. Remove it. If you still have a problem then do a factory data reset. If that doesn't fix it then you have a problem with your phone. You may want to take it back to Verizon.

Motorola CEO has blamed Android apps/issues for 70% of Motorola phones returned.
What does the Google CEO say? Does he use Google Navigation? :^)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

NittanyDoug

Reaction score
I've noticed that since I did the upgrade on my dx that it decides to reboot probably at least once per day. Sometimes when I'm using it or when a call is just coming in. Don't know why. It also seems to think it's roaming when I'm a couple miles from my house in a major metro area....

wyld

Reaction score
I've noticed that since I did the upgrade on my dx that it decides to reboot probably at least once per day. Sometimes when I'm using it or when a call is just coming in. Don't know why. It also seems to think it's roaming when I'm a couple miles from my house in a major metro area....

Try a factory reset everything I've read in this forum is that the ppl doing a factory reset after the update. That some or all of there issues are going away.

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

NittanyDoug

Reaction score
Ouch...that means I lose everything though right? I know I don't lose what's on my sd card but I don't know what is or isn't on the card.

wyld

Reaction score
Basically just unpaid apps. Your paid apps can be redownloaded. Your Google account backs up your contacts. Biggest PITA is re doing all your home screens. And it wont even affect your SD card.

Snow02

Reaction score
Do you have the apps bump or tikl installed? They cause problems in gingerbread apparently.

famac!

Reaction score
Huge thread on Moto's official forum about restarts. Gingerbread did not fix it.

OP
X

Xerofire22

Reaction score

Try a factory reset everything I've read in this forum is that the ppl doing a factory reset after the update. That some or all of there issues are going away.

Has this been proven to work? 'Cause I just got my screens organized.

Will factory reset put ne back to froyo?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
As far as losing apps and having to re-set up home screens there are very easy solutions to both of those problems. As far as apps go, well, first get rooted and download titanium backup and use it to back up all your apps. After a factory reset you can use titanium to reinstall all of your apps as if they were never gone.

For the screen set ups root is not needed. I used ADW launcher which has a backup and restore feature built in. Once you have your screens set up the way you want them (and you can have up to 7 with ADW) go into the ADWsettings and then back up both settings and desktop configuration. After a factory wipe all you have to do is go back into ADWsettings and restore both options, the only thing you have to mess with is widgets but unless thats all you use it's not a pain at all.

NittanyDoug

Reaction score
I sucked it up and reset without all of that. I'm close to back to normal.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Phone reboots are a flaw in the Android platform itself, there is no getting away from it. It doesn't effect everyone, but it is one of the most common complaints of Android OS.

At this point I just accept it, as they are clearly not going to fix it. It's been around for a year now, on multiple phones, with no fix in sight.

wyld

Reaction score
Well it could be a lot worse you could have a thunderbolt! Lol