Battery will not charge if it is dead for too long.

Senator_kelly

Reaction score
This is an ongoing problem. If my phone dies, and I don't charge it right away, the battery will not charge. It's as if the phone thinks the battery is "too dead" to charge.

I have maybe a couple hours to get to a charger or else I have to "kick start" my phone (a term I made up.) Basically I have to take a battery that's not dead, plug it it and turn the phone on. Then I can swap out my other dead battery and charge that.

For this very reason I have several batteries, except just recently all my battery's are dead, hence me trying to post about the problem again.

I know its not the battery's fault because I have several and they all do the same thing.

I know it all sounds very complicated, and its a real pain. I wish someone out there would know what's wrong with the phone.

rleezy

Reaction score
This is an ongoing problem. If my phone dies, and I don't charge it right away, the battery will not charge. It's as if the phone thinks the battery is "too dead" to charge.

I have maybe a couple hours to get to a charger or else I have to "kick start" my phone (a term I made up.) Basically I have to take a battery that's not dead, plug it it and turn the phone on. Then I can swap out my other dead battery and charge that.

For this very reason I have several batteries, except just recently all my battery's are dead, hence me trying to post about the problem again.

I know its not the battery's fault because I have several and they all do the same thing.

I know it all sounds very complicated, and its a real pain. I wish someone out there would know what's wrong with the phone.

Yeah, I'm currently having that same problem too. I have no idea what it is, but I plan to call Verizon or go into their Retail Store to see what the problem is.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah, I'm currently having that same problem too. I have no idea what it is, but I plan to call Verizon or go into their Retail Store to see what the problem is.

The solution...

Charge to 100% with power OFF. Then use to "Low battery" warning ONLY. Then charge again with power OFF.

This should resolve the issues of deep discharged batteries.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

maxsabin

Reaction score
The solution...

Charge to 100% with power OFF. Then use to "Low battery" warning ONLY. Then charge again with power OFF.

This should resolve the issues of deep discharged batteries.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

ok but the problem is once your battery gets to the "too dead" point you cannot charge it with the power off unless there is a button combination im not aware of. im experiencing this same problem. what happens is when you plug in your charger to your phone it begins startup and then dies before you are able to power off so then it thinks you just plugged in the charger again and tries too boot up agaian but once again before you are able to power off which is obviously the first thing you would try to do it shuts off again, thinking it is "too dead" to charge while the smartphone gods laugh at you...