Droid X Dead Battery

jlindros

Reaction score
Normally I can get 2 days of use from the Droid X, with lots of 3G web browsing, without using the GPS or Wifi much. I happened to charge it last night, so I was a little distraught today when at lunchtime it told me to charge it as it only had 15% left. Luckily I have a charger at work, so I plugged it in and left it to charge. About 1/2 an hour later I went to use it and nothing came up on the screen. I tried removing the battery, nothing.

As I was a little skeptical about the battery due to the charge issue earlier, a coworker with the Droid X swapped batteries, and bingo; I had a dead battery.

I went over to the Verizon corporate store (the WirelessZone store couldn't do it for me since I bought my phone online). They replaced the battery quickly and easily, no questions asked. Phone works beautiful now.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there may be some defective batteries around, so beware. Luckily Verizon has good customer service so it wasn't too much of an issue. Anyone else see this issue yet?

OP
J

jlindros

Reaction score
Then again, I hardly ever use that "Phone" feature... what's that for anyways?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Normally I would tell people to use wifi whenever they can because it uses less power than 3G but if you're getting 2 days with lots of 3G browsing on one charge then I should shut up.