Battery Went to 92% within 50 minutes of normal use use is it normal?

wasqur

Reaction score
Its 4th day i bougth the MOTOROLA RAZR MAXX. I am a heavy user around total 3 to 4 hours (imo.im (messaging) , Facebook, GooglePlay and browsing) per day. I am getting 5 to 6 hours before getting the battery to 15%. There is no 4g in Saudi Arabia so always connected to 3g. I have tried calliberation as FoxKat suggest but i just used my phone for setting Smart Action last night for 50 mins and some of other settings and my phone is down 100% to 92%. I m using GSAM battery monitor. Here are the results. Is this normal??
Screenshot_2012-12-07-22-28-51.pngScreenshot_2012-12-07-22-29-19.pngScreenshot_2012-12-07-22-30-50.pngScreenshot_2012-12-07-22-31-04.png

joshxdroid

Reaction score
The first 10% generally drains faster than the next 90%. It's just the nature of batteries. To really tell anything we'd have to see your battery stats when you get down to 20%

Sent from my XT912 running some custom Rom.....I can't keep changing this sig

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Your battery chart above looks fairly normal. My Maxx drains pretty quick the first two or three hours compared to the rest of the time the phone is on. That could be a function of the phone "waking up" from a period on no activity etc. I power off my phone every night and charge it using the factory supplied charger and cable. I am a firm believer in the best way to get a lasting charge on your phone is to power it off and charge with the supplied charger and cable.

cesar357

Reaction score
I got that issue when we upgrades to Ice Cream. The previous version would give me 2 1/2 days without the need of charging. Now it gives me a few hours.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I got that issue when we upgrades to Ice Cream. The previous version would give me 2 1/2 days without the need of charging. Now it gives me a few hours.
Wow...let me make sure I understand you correctly...you're only getting a few hours out of a fully charged Razr Maxx?

joshxdroid

Reaction score

I doubt this. Going from 60 hours to "a few" so like 3 to 5 hours?

cesar357

Reaction score
I'm a fairly heavy user. When I'm using it at my office I use it through out the day. When I leave I connect it to charge in the vehicle. When it connects it shows 40% usually.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I'm a fairly heavy user. When I'm using it at my office I use it through out the day. When I leave I connect it to charge in the vehicle. When it connects it shows 40% usually.

But you said it used to last 2 1/2 days (60 hours) I don't believe this unless it sits on standby. So the rest of what you say it's marginalized to me

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So, you're saying you got 2 1/2 days out of the phone before needing a charge, same usage pattern as now, same phone but on Gingerbread. I got this right?

cesar357

Reaction score
When I purchased the phone it was great. It lasted a good 2 days without needing a charge. For some reason when it went to Ice Cream I noticed that the charge was needed sooner.

cesar357

Reaction score
So, you're saying you got 2 1/2 days out of the phone before needing a charge, same usage pattern as now, same phone but on Gingerbread. I got this right?

Well, just about. Depends how busy the office is. LOL.

cesar357

Reaction score
But you said it used to last 2 1/2 days (60 hours) I don't believe this unless it sits on standby. So the rest of what you say it's marginalized to me

Oh of course I didn't use the phone for 60 hours straight. The phone also sat on stand by.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
So now it's down to 48 hours before ics, and uses 60% throughout the work day with heavy use. I'm not trying to be rude, but your story keeps changing. All that matters is screen time. I would like to see that

cesar357

Reaction score
So now it's down to 48 hours before ics, and uses 60% throughout the work day with heavy use. I'm not trying to be rude, but your story keeps changing. All that matters is screen time. I would like to see that

Nah you're not being rude. I'll break down the days for you. This is when it was on GB.

Charge all night. Wake up in the morning. Turn on phone and it read "CHARGED".

Go to work and use it through out the day. 8 hour day at work. I use the phone mainly to surf the web and use Facebook. No movies or stuff like that. So maybe you don't consider that "Heavy use".

Leave the office and battery still standing strong. Get home and use it a bit more. Same, web and FB.

Before going to bed check the phone, no need to charge yet.

Second day, same routine.

Third day when I get home then the battery needed charge. But still had about 20%. Like I said maybe the usage is not the same as other people here.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Like I said, I would have to see screen time. I could burn through a maxx battery in a day with my use. My og razr gets 3 1/2 to 4 hours screen time which I think it's decent. That usually gets me 11 to 14 hours. So a maxx getting 7 - 8 hours screen time would get me 22 - 28 hours. But if I was on it a lot, I could easily burn through 8 hours of screen time in one day if I wanted to.