Battery use for screen display abnormally high

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

phone settings > location & security > use wireless network > UNCHECK

You MAY be able to disregard my previous message (about wifi, gps, etc.) if you make this change. This is a known bug that Motorola has acknowledged. According to multiple people, it is fixed in the leaked 2.2 update so you should be able to turn it on after the update. "Display" should return to a reasonable level with this change. However, another user reports that WIFI is now causing a problem in the leaked version, so who knows? http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ggled-leaves-droid-x-running-froyo-2-2-a.html

In addition:
-Dial *228 to update PRLs never hurts
-turn screen brightness to auto or lower if you can stand it
-remove any apps running in the background, widgets, or live wallpapers that you can do without

Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get detailed info on what's using your battery. Find the culprit and remove it.

Last edited:

njskatchmo

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. I barely used the phone today (one phone call, three wikipedia inquiries and a handful of texts and it was dead in less than 12 hours. My display usage is like 96% and my phone is usually in my pocket and the brightness is set to low.

Reaction score
too aminaked's advice and my battery power is now better than ive ever had with any other phone. seems like the gps and wireless networks options were KILLING my phone. i was up and using my phone since 8am on sunday and around midnight it still had about 30-40% left. again up early today used the gps for two trips of an hr plus ( plugged into car charger for both uses ) and the phone battery is still going strong. im a heavy user with the phone as well ie tons of txts and emails.

hope this helps you out some