My Display eating battery?

jeff0181

Reaction score
Are there bad batteries out there? It seems some people are getting over twice the life out of there battery than others. I get about 8 hours max out of my phone with gps, wifi, bluetooth all turned off along with the screen set at the dimmest setting. That is with very little usage because it dies so quickly. With rarely using the display it is eating about 90-95% of my battery.

blackbird2150

Reaction score
The display will always be one of the things that eats the battery the most, besides phone calls. That's just how it works.

In terms of length of battery, have you ever fully discharged it and recharged it?

jeff0181

Reaction score
The display will always be one of the things that eats the battery the most, besides phone calls. That's just how it works.

In terms of length of battery, have you ever fully discharged it and recharged it?

I have. And I have also charged it fully with it turned off and then charged it a bit more once turned on. I just don't see how some people are lasting an entire day or more with it only being at 50% battery life. I am lucky to get to 8 hours at 50% if I don't use it at all. Again that is with wifi, bluetooth, gps, all location sevices turned off and the display at the dimmest setting.

blackbird2150

Reaction score
My phone lasts me all day with moderately heavy use. I definitely won't go two days without charging.
I know that I did root my phone and got of those stupid bloatware apps that are just constantly running (Skype for example).