Battery shows 80% full, then suddenly dies.

guitarluvr213

Reaction score
This is a new issue ive yet to come across among these forums so far. Ill be either streaming music from Slacker radio or playing my own music from Google Play, battery is at around 80-90% full. And then when I hit the power button to turn on the display, the battery literally shows 80% full at first and then just goes to an empty battery with a red exclamation point. And im talking like it dies that very second. It'll have the powering off window that pops up, meanwhile the background apps keep flashing, itll have a program "android system" that will flash in the background and I cant do anything while its trying to power off, not even a screenshot.

First time it did this, I had to do the quick reboot where you get a "dos-like" screen and select it to do a normal boot. It would try to boot and then die. But once I put it on the charger and powered it up that instant, it said i had 35%. I leave it on the charger for about 10 min and when i checked on it, battery was full. It never charges that fast, ever. And when it was charging, all my usual settings were on (i.e data, wifi and bluetooth as that was all on before the phone shutdown).

Second time it did this, once I got it on a charger, it was really at 1% life and had to charge and that time was a normal charge timeframe. Same with the third time. It seems to be related to when im listening to music from either source and it was bluetoothed to my new camaro. Thats the only common thing Im seeing with this. And it does the shutdown when I turn on the display.

Anybody out there have any idea what is causing this?

OP
G

guitarluvr213

Reaction score
screenshot2.jpg screenshot1.jpg Here are screenshots of the battery usage once i got the phone powered back up on the charger. when i hit the double box next to my home button, only 4 apps were running and they werent the music ones.