Battery question

Calla969

Reaction score
I have been running this ROM for a while now and I recently have noticed a significant decrease in my battery life. When I check the battery use, it is almost all attributed to the Android operating system. Any idea what I can do to remedy this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what it is for me. Usually my top three battery killers are Android Operating System, Phone Idle, and Phone standby. Something along those lines. I don't know of a fix of any kind. Weird though because my top has always been display and now it's getting around 4%. I have the Droid 2 extended battery so it lasts me all day.

OP
C

Calla969

Reaction score
I have the stock battery and I can't make it through the day with almost no use at all.

dmzxls

Reaction score
This is why despite the fact that I greatly prefer to performance and user experience with MIUI, I am forced to use other roms. I keep hoping battery life will be improved on but alas. I've tried multiple kernels, launchers, and task killers to no avail.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
May need a new battery. When I had the stock battery I had to charge again during the day but I could go all day if I wasn't using it. You should try the extended battery. With all of those processes beating my battery to death coupled with heavy use, I can get like, 19 hours sometimes.

E1337Hax

Reaction score
I have been running this ROM for a while now and I recently have noticed a significant decrease in my battery life. When I check the battery use, it is almost all attributed to the Android operating system. Any idea what I can do to remedy this?

Did you flash a new kernel with the ROM? Sometimes other than stock kernels can greatly decrease the battery.

swallisa

Reaction score
I have actually noticed really good battery performance with the 12.24 stock kernel?

MJ5150

Reaction score
I have actually noticed really good battery performance with the 12.24 stock kernel?

Same here. As I mentioned in the main 12.24 thread, six plus hours after a full charge, I am at 85%. Almost three hours of that is connected on WiFi. It has been sleeping the whole time, but still great battery life for me.

-Mike

OP
C

Calla969

Reaction score
I have 2 batteries, both die quickly, so I don’t think the batteries are the problem. I am not using the stock kernel, but I've tried several others. I had great battery life with the previous release for a while, then it suddenly began eating the battery very quickly. I tried deleting appspot and messing with the settings and setcpu profiles with no change. I was hoping this new release would correct it, but no dice. What I thought was strange was that the Android OS is what is killing the vast majority of the battery. It has always been the display. Now, with the phone sleeping in my pocket, the battery can't even make it through the day.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what it is for me. Usually my top three battery killers are Android Operating System, Phone Idle, and Phone standby. Something along those lines. I don't know of a fix of any kind. Weird though because my top has always been display and now it's getting around 4%. I have the Droid 2 extended battery so it lasts me all day.

is your screen always off? my screen ways up 80+% of my battery on a daily basis

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

Calla969

Reaction score
It's also weird that when I charge from 15%, I have a full charge in about 20 minutes. I've tried to clear the battery cache, but o always have some kind of reboot before I can completely drain the battery. I think that screws it up

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's also weird that when I charge from 15%, I have a full charge in about 20 minutes. I've tried to clear the battery cache, but o always have some kind of reboot before I can completely drain the battery. I think that screws it up

The battery readings have been funny for every miui rom I had.... drops at big %s then goes to 5% and stays there for hrs... I've always flashed on full battery and I've cleared davlic cache and battery stats...nothings worked so I've just dealt w it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk