Battery life on CM7

jbrown187

Reaction score
Does anyone else get horrible battery life with this ROM? I've noticed a huge decrease in battery life since switching from Fission.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
J

jbrown187

Reaction score
I did that already, didn't help.

clouse2013

Reaction score
i noticed great battery life on the new nightly. i was getting like 14 hours today. thats with the extended battery tho.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Conditioning doesn't help at all, what it might do is damage the cells in the battery by forcing it to discharge to a point nearly safety limits. You're better off calibrating the battery by wiping battery stats(it's a file in the system that gets deleted actually), which can be done via an app or recovery. If done in an app, make sure it can read mV. Fully charged on the stock bp6x is around 4215mV.
Edit. I'm still getting great life, overnight just letting it sit only lost 5% in about 8 hours.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the 8/2 nightly and am having very poor battery life also (noticeably worse than blur) Which sucks, because other than a few minor bugs this is a great rom, and I really don't want to go back- but a few hours use drains me completely and I also have moto's extended battery.

opentofalling

Reaction score
Conditioning doesn't help at all, what it might do is damage the cells in the battery by forcing it to discharge to a point nearly safety limits. You're better off calibrating the battery by wiping battery stats(it's a file in the system that gets deleted actually), which can be done via an app or recovery. If done in an app, make sure it can read mV. Fully charged on the stock bp6x is around 4215mV.

Conditioning is a generic term for a process that, when completed, improves your battery life in some fashion. The steps of the process can be as simple as wiping battery stats while the phone is fully charged. These steps vary depending on the type of battery. I was suggesting he carry out the appropriate steps for his device. Nothing more... Clockwork can do it, but an app like Battery Calibration makes it easier:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration

clouse2013

Reaction score
I have the 8/2 nightly and am having very poor battery life also (noticeably worse than blur) Which sucks, because other than a few minor bugs this is a great rom, and I really don't want to go back- but a few hours use drains me completely and I also have moto's extended battery.

How much is the screen on. That's a huge battery killer. I also use juice defender to turn off 3g and wifi when the screen is off. So that's a big help.

Reaction score
The screen is on plenty-i figured a 5% dim would help, but it still drains pretty quickly. I think it's mostly from net use, but I'm going to wipe and re-flash see if it helps

Reaction score
Does anyone else get horrible battery life with this ROM? I've noticed a huge decrease in battery life since switching from Fission.

I haven't found a ROM yet that's as stable, bug free, and battery efficient as Fission. I think I'm going back to it (after I replace my cracked digitizer.. Until then, I'm too lazy haha)

Dfit18

Reaction score
has anyone gotten better battery life on the latest build? i have read that some people say that their battery life jumped by 50 percent on the 8-16 build, but i have not seen any difference.

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
has anyone gotten better battery life on the latest build? i have read that some people say that their battery life jumped by 50 percent on the 8-16 build, but i have not seen any difference.
Check and see if any apps are keeping the phone in a wake lock. I deleted facebook for now since I was having problems.

OP
J

jbrown187

Reaction score
50%, really? I haven't seen any difference, I've even resorted to carrying an extra battery with me.