Battery problem

Ok so I've rooted my phone, I checked and have the superuser app in my app drawer.
I know I proberly sound lazy but I'm just afraid that I'm going to get the wrong thing, but can u give me a link to the best and most recent froyo rom with guidelines?
Thanks.

I have a suggestion for you but I sent the Dev a message to make sure that his rom will work on the Milestone.

Also you could download Rom Manager from the Market and flash a rom that way. Rom Manager makes it easy, you can make backups, restore backups, install kernels, and install roms from this app.

As soon as the dev gets back to me I will let you know.

With backups you mean all my messages, media ?
And your suggestion, is it froyo or a mix from froyo and gingerbread?

No, a backup means you backup the rom you are currently on. So if something goes wrong you can just restore the backup and your phone goes back exactly the way it was. It's called a nandroid backup. Theres a lot of reading material on this.

The rom I was thinking of is Froyo with a Gingerbread theme. It's incredibly smooth and fast, and I didn't have any bugs or problems when I was on it!!!

So can I download that rom from the rom manager?
And if I may ask, what are u using?

The one I'm talking about is Project Elite 4.2 and its not in rom manager. The rom I'm using is Simply Stunning 5.01 but its Gingerbread. Chevyno1 makes the SS rom and it is in rom manager if its available for your phone. Look and see if it is, he also makes an amazing froyo rom!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

can't I use gingerbread?
I can't see any custom roms on the download listing of Rom ward, it just gived me ' extra's ' but I don't see any roms..

So I've downloaded and transfered the project elite rom to my sd card, and tried to install it with rom manager, but just when it's going to reboot it tells me activity install rom from sd card is not responding..
Sigh
What now?

Edit: I even tried another one by Peter Alfonso and I just get the same problem; " Sorry, rom ward is not responding .. "

Last edited:
Try to search for milestone roms on this site or on google.

I've already searched a bit for milestone roms here om the forums but there isn't a lot of choise.. And I thought that the droid and milestone model were so similar that it would work.. guiss not.

Sent from my Milestone using DroidForums App

edit: Maybe I should add this to the case, I live in Belgium (Europe) and we use GSM here as network.
Droids I believe run on another network system?
So my brother tells me I wont be able to install any rom without being unable to use my network unless someone made one for European users and Milestone :/

Last edited:
Which it would really surprise the hell out of me if nobody made a European rom for the Milestone. Did you download rom manager? Did you flash a recovery?

When I flash recovery the program doesn't respond either -_-
The link u provided, he doesn't mention what type off phones can use those roms and even if it would work I don't know if I would do so, he does it with bootloading and I don't want to risk that because I just know to little.. I rather have a program install a rom for me.

That link is for the Milestone. From the way it sounds, I don't know if you have that option? It sounds like the Milestone is much more different from the Droid then it looks.

That I have also discovered.. :(
But the link, all that stuff is so confusing, what I realy could use is a link directly to a download for the milestone with a stock theme but froyo for Milestone and try to get it installed with Rom Ward, only thing I want and yet it doesn't seem to work :/

Back