Battery problem

Constant

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I hope it will solve some of my problems.

I've bought a motorola milestone ( droid ) online and since the day I got it my battery goes down in no time, so I decided to buy a new battery who is even a bit stronger then the default one.
It hasn't changed a bit, when my battery is 100 % recharged and i unplug it guaranteed that he's flashing red and dying 2-3 hours later without doing anything, maybe just a time check every 20 minutes..
I'm so dissapointed that I payed quiete a price and then hve tis major issue.. still on the old android version, not even froyo.
Don't even know if froyo is out yet for the milestone :/
Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You mean connected to some internet source?

your phone might have a loose connection that drains the battery.
If that is not the case you must have a large number of apps that are running in the background. Try an app killer from the market. Although i am not a big fan of those apps it might help you identify the problem. Set it up on killing all apps at reboot and see if it helps. If it does you will need to uninstall all the apps that are running the bg.

What exactly do you mean with loose connection?
And it aren't the aps, I checked it with Spare parts, when I checked my phone battery usage, it tells me it used over 50 % just on the screen.. Its always on the lowest brightness?

Could it be because of my expired ( old ) version of android?
where can I download the new versions by the way?

Thanks.

Firmware version : 2.1 - update 1

I've heard about 2.2 froyo and 2.3 gingerbread.. Is mine realy that old?
Any way to check if there is a loose connection?

Here is some info from moto

supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

Rooted means that your phone is unlocked and u r system administrator over the device. Phone companies do not allow this as it violates their TOS. But 50% of us here have rooted devices. It requires a hack of sorts. I am not familiar with milestone or if it works the same as the droid1

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You should get on Froyo. The most updated version is 2.2.2. You should be able to find some info about it around the forum. I would be surprised if that is what drains your battery though.

I haven't hacked my phone, I must sound like a real android noob, and honnestly I am :/
How can I update my phone to froyo 2.2.2 then? via pc or my droid?

It should've come through an over the air update if the Milestone got 2.2. Which if the D1 did, the Milestone should have. Go to settings and check for an update.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I don't think the milestone is getting 2.2 from moto.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Isn't the milestone the exact same phone as the droid?

Back