Battery Life in Navigation

me2fl2nc

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Droid that I love. The only problem I have is that when I am using the GPS even when I have it plugged into a car charger, the battery drains faster that is can be charged. I am using an old Moto charger that I had with my Razor. Verizon says I need a new (stronger) charger. My question is 1) is there such a think as needing a stronger charger and 2)has this happened to anyone? I wonder if I am the only person with this problem. Thanks in advance for your help.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
There have been several posts on this issue. There are different charging rates among chargers, the correct one will help. But, I have a new VZW Moto charger and it does not appear to keep up over long periods. To make matters worse on extended trips on charge with GPS, the battery over heats and stops charging all together. Short trips everything works perfect. To compensate on long trips I will turn GPS off when I know I have hours with no road changes

OP
M

me2fl2nc

Reaction score
thank you for the quick reply. I have purchased the car charger specifically for my droid - hopefully it will help. I wonder if you can remove the battery to get around the over heating issue.

Thanks again for the quick reply

Taegost

Reaction score
I use the verizon car charger for the droid and never had a problem until I overclocked it to 1GHz. It seems to have gotten better now that I throttle it back to 700MHz when it's on the charger

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check the mA rating on the charger. Try to get around 1000mA if possible. Mine outputs 950mA and I have no problems charging while using GPS.

Reaction score
I use the verizon car charger for the droid and never had a problem until I overclocked it to 1GHz. It seems to have gotten better now that I throttle it back to 700MHz when it's on the charger

How well does it work over clocked like that?

Taegost

Reaction score
I use the verizon car charger for the droid and nMHzever had a problem until I overclocked it to 1GHz. It seems to have gotten better now that I thrott

How well does it work over clocked like that?

It works really well. At 1GHz it would get pretty hot, but it seems fine at 700MHz with everything I've got running