Battery Life

darreno1

Reaction score
Um ok so i went to my closest verizon and tried to exchange my battery and the guy told me that the update on the 19th is supposed to fix any battery issues. So i said ok and left. Then i looked up the updte details and it just says that it will "improve the battery indicator". So the guy was tellin me bs then right?

Im so mad because i know the batter is dying way too fast and i need another one but i can't even get one. What should i do?

It could be that the indicator issue is causing your battery to appear charged when it's not or might be preventing it from being charged fully (just a wild guess). So I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Wait for the update and if there's no improvement then look for a replacement battery.

djaedye

Reaction score
Battery

Well, I'm now a firm believer in letting the bat die and charging it while off all night. After two cycles of this the bat lasted from 7am to 8:30pm with steady use. That is compared with lasting 5 hours the first day. It will probably get even better with froyo and the 19th update - I hope. Just keep draining and giving it a full charge. I think that is the ticket!

Immolate

Reaction score
I would wait for the push on Monday and then take it in the next day, assuming of course it doesn't miraculously fix your problem. The guy at the store is probably just telling what he's been told to tell people with battery problems.

just4747

Reaction score
Actually I called VZW tech customer service and had them send me a replacement.

I will see what the update does for this issue, if anything. But if not, at least I'll have the replacement to try out before I send one of them back to big red.

I didn't actually think of the current "non-improved" indicator being the cause of any problems, I just thought they were updating us with some extra info like battery percent on the task bar or something. But it's possible that it will help with this issue as well I guess.

I just don't get how people can have such different battery life experiences from day one. For the most part we are all doing the same thing, which is either letting it die completely then charging it from new, or using it/charging it whenever...so really any conditioning or calibration isn't that different among users. It doesn't make sense that we are all having these different stories.

I would love to have mine lasting long as hell right from the get-go, and when I see that some people do have this as the case, it makes me worried about why mine is different lol.

Immolate

Reaction score
I don't think your indicator is the source of the problem. I just think this push on the 19th will probably fix a lot of things that they aren't really talking about.

just4747

Reaction score
Well if it was going to fix battery issues, they would have mentioned it or recognized that there was a problem to begin with.

I don't think an update that doesn't even mention a battery issue will be doing any miracle fixes to the battery life...

And again, why do some devices/battery not even have this issue? Some people seem to have the total opposite experience and they did nothing different.

I hope the device itself isn't to blame..I hate having to exchange devices ugh.

BrianV

Reaction score
mine is doing some really waky stuff.... my battery was down to 40%... the phone locked up.. so i did a battery pull. when it rebooted it said 70% ???? so i decided i will try and let it run all the way down... ( aint done that yet) so i let it go until it dies.. took two hours then it shut down...??? i plugged it in to the charger.... it boots up and says 60% WTF?????

Immolate

Reaction score
No you're probably right about it not fixing your problem, and for the reasons you stated. However, don't put too much stock in the efficacy of beta testing or any huge corporation telling you everything you'd like to know, especially if it might give an impression that their testing or quality control was shoddy. I don't think that's the case as I owned a Droid before my daughter talked me out of it and was greatly impressed by the sense of quality I got from it, but I'm in the systems fixing business and I know how people do.

pir800

Reaction score
I'm in the bad battery life boat. Mine doesn't seem to be lasting too long. Where did you guys get the info on this monday update? It could potentially fix a software bug that's reading an incorrect battery level causing your phone to think it has less battery than it does. If this does continue through this week then I'm going to need to get a replacement or different phone because less than a day under light use is not acceptable to me.

just4747

Reaction score
I'm in the bad battery life boat. Mine doesn't seem to be lasting too long. Where did you guys get the info on this monday update? It could potentially fix a software bug that's reading an incorrect battery level causing your phone to think it has less battery than it does. If this does continue through this week then I'm going to need to get a replacement or different phone because less than a day under light use is not acceptable to me.

Droid X update promises a bevy of minor fixes | Android Central

Brent72

Reaction score
New user here. Got my X on Thurs. and have noticed the same battery issue behavior others are having. If my phone shows the battery level at say 60% I can take the battery out, wait a few seconds, put it back in and my and battery life goes back up by 20%. So, I'm assuming that the battery itself is not really the problem and that this is just something that will be addressed in the update.

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Battery life sucks now since I rooted. Can barely make it though a day unless I barely use it. I'm so ****ing pissed off about it. I'm on the latest froyo build with no custom kernel or theme. I have profiles on setcpu to lower the rate if the phone temp goes over 39, I always keep wifi and gps and brighness off unless need it. I just don't get wtf is going on. I wish I can get help but since everyones phone is different all I can do is trial an error!! Notihng seems tobe working. Before I was rooted I had great battery life with screebl and system panel app and would get around at least 1w hrs of use and now I'm lucky to get 7. HOW the HELL are people getting 22 hours on this thing?? CAN SOMEBODY PLeAse enlighten me here? Edit: oops wrong section I have a droid, not an x..but I'm sure somebody can still help me