Battery life??

Signum

Reaction score
When you click on android system, what info do you get? Also, what were the battery percentages? Do you have the Google play store set to auto update?

I attached a screen shot of the information I get when I click on android system. I do have the play store set to auto update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to bed with 68 percent left. It was unplugged around 13 hours iirc. Some pandora, some testing, Internet and games and an hour or so of phone calls. Best phone I've had battery life wise since I had a dumb phone I think.

punktnet

Reaction score
I think those who have the Android System process usage so high, might look a bit on the fastdormancy problem of android phones.

Tailgun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Have had my S3 for about two weeks now and the next time it goes for 24 hours without needing a charge will be the first time, even though the phone spends much of it's time sitting dormant while I'm at work or asleep. I'm one of those people who is seeing a high percentage for "Cell standby". I did a little searching and found this link:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/357784/20120629/samsung-galaxy-s3-battery-drain-issue-fix.htm

This article was from a couple months ago and I just got the phone. Has this issue been addressed already by previous updates?

(EDIT: I should also note that last night I did the battery cycle for the first time, draining it down below 15%, turning it off and recharging to full. Will see if that helps at all.)

marleyinoc

Reaction score
The only update for the Verizon sg3 just came out in the last week. I know it fixed a brief "no sim card" notice before regaining signal issue that we had but not sure of what else was on the list.

-I haz Bionic

champaned_out

Reaction score
ive has my S3 since launch date... its been rooted, unlocked and running SynergyRom nightly... i swear the battery just keeps getting better and better... finally i dont have to stress about using my device too early in the day in fear of running out of juice towards the end of the night of course if i get a chance to charge it for a brief moment during the day i do, allowing me to have my device with me over 12+ hours easy

Tailgun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Well, it looks like that cycling thing did the trick. 16 hours of use and the battery is still at 47 percent. That's the best I've seen yet!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad it's working for you. You should do that 2-3 times in a row. That will fully condition the battery. You'll then be good for about 3 months. Then repeat to maintain.

Islander53

Reaction score
Still don't know why the manufacturers make these smartphones knowing full well that BATTERY life is very important. Baffling ???

jwilly216

Reaction score
So far my s3 has incredible battery life knock on wood. It's actually fast better than I expected. I'm still looking for a standalone external battery charger tho so I have a full one charged and ready to pop in at any time

jwilly216

Reaction score
Will someone please tell me if they've seen a standalone external battery charger? I really wanna get one.tomorrow.so.thAt I alwAys have a refresh battery charged in case I need it. Although the s3 has awesome.battery life.so.far it makes.me.feel.better.havin.g a whole bAttery ready. Just in case