Battery life??

skennelly

Reaction score
a6f98667-f8e5-9640.jpg

Mine is pretty good. Make sure to drain the battery to at least 15% then completely charge it full while powered off.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

zacedward

Reaction score
skennelly said:
Mine is pretty good. Make sure to drain the battery to at least 15% then completely charge it full while powered off.

Ok thanks so drain it to 15% turn power off then charge it to 100% then take off charger is that right

zacedward

Reaction score
skennelly said:

Do i need to do this once or 2 times

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I'm happy with my battery life.. coming from the Motorola Droid Razr it's way better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PhDCow

Reaction score
I'm happy with mine too. Much better than the Razr or other phones I've tried.

Since I got mine on Friday, I've spent the weekend conditioning the phone. But I also use the basic battery saver tips. The screen is so bright that I can't tell the difference between 0% and 50%, so I keep it at 0%. For FB and Twitter, I've turned off the notification and do manual refreshes when I open the app. Nothing for me is that earth-shattering that it can't wait. I use 4G only when I'm downloading or uploading something big and use Wi-Fi almost exclusively at home and work, both secure networks.

So we'll see what happens in the real world tomorrow, but I think I'm going to be pretty happy.

imp3r10

Reaction score
Just had this with moderate use and power saving on. Decent 4g signal

Relex

Reaction score
This past Friday at work my phone was on its battery for 14 hours and down to 79%.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
so far good battery life. charged 100% late friday and used / surfed / music / photos over
this w/e and just today sunday was at 30 % and charging now. Even when on 30% it
was still pretty fast :icon_ lala:

backlash

Reaction score
I was able to squeeze 1 day and 16 hours of out of the phone. Mostly in WiFi mode, some 4G, extremely light web browsing, lots of app installs and configuring. Lots of texting. Camera and gallery use. Power saving mode was enabled as well.
One thing that helps is that I put my phone into airplane mode at 11pm, and it comes out of airplane mode at 6am. I don't expect calls during those times.

I also noticed my battery lasted a bit longer WITHOUT using Advanced Task Killer.

I could get my old 1gen Moto droid to go about 2.5 days. Considering this phone is a lot more powerfull, I'm fairly happy with the longevity of the battery life.

Last edited:

skennelly

Reaction score
Do i need to do this once or 2 times

Once should be fine. I usually do it if I've had a few times of having to charge the phone when the battery wasn't completely drained and didn't have time to charge it full.

zacedward

Reaction score
skennelly said:
Once should be fine. I usually do it if I've had a few times of having to charge the phone when the battery wasn't completely drained and didn't have time to charge it full.

Thanks i apreciate it

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Out of the box, this phone as phenomenal battery life. My wife has been running hers in 4g constantly and playing with it quite a bit over the weekend and she was getting 20+ hrs a day with 2+hrs of screen time on.

I've been keeping an eye on the vitals and I haven't come across any wakelock issues (except for instant photo uploads) or signal issues. CPU is in deep sleep the majority of the time, so as of now, I'm not seeing any glaring issues with the battery life on this phone.