Battery life

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm happy as well..When I ever feel the need for smart actions its good to know I have it!

Tapped on the edge of a RAZR...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

Antob125

Reaction score
My friend picked up a razr over the weekend and has nothing stalled other then what came on the phone. When he goes to bed with 100% battery, he wakes up 7 hours later to find his phone at 5% or dead. When he cam to work and showed me it said wifi and cell. Standby were really high % and everything else was like 1-2%. Any ideas how to improve life?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yzonker

Reaction score
My friend picked up a razr over the weekend and has nothing stalled other then what came on the phone. When he goes to bed with 100% battery, he wakes up 7 hours later to find his phone at 5% or dead. When he cam to work and showed me it said wifi and cell. Standby were really high % and everything else was like 1-2%. Any ideas how to improve life?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

On my Razr, when connected to wifi, it doesn't sleep properly and burns through the battery. Either activate wifi sleeping or just turn the wifi off.

Oaklands

Reaction score
Research the Smart Action settings people are using. If he decides to root, then puchase Titanium backup and freeze programs he does not need. Just do a search on smart actions and you will find what you need.

Saturn

Reaction score
I just use the task manager to kill unnecessary background things. It really improved my battery life. I still don't feel that it was as good as my X, but at least it doesn't die so quickly. My battery life has improved since I got my phone.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
On my Razr, when connected to wifi, it doesn't sleep properly and burns through the battery. Either activate wifi sleeping or just turn the wifi off.

I think he should do a hard reset...or factory data reset. Or maybe he has bad reception and phone is constantly searching for tower..either way a reset wouldn't hurt as there are no installed market apps. I tried to respond to his quote but says thread closed when quoting his entry...lol

tmiles

Reaction score
My wife and I have had Razors for a week. Run them dead, recharged while they were shut off 4 times in a row and the battery is still terrible.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have had Razors for a week. Run them dead, recharged while they were shut off 4 times in a row and the battery is still terrible.

Could be many factors, such as trying to find tower and apps running in the background etc... I go all day with heavy use. The moderate days go over that easily... TRY some trouble shooting... I do not have 4g here yet so I'm not able to tell if it eats more but it should I would assume.. If I used smart actions I guess my numbers would double on hours...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Anyone else have "com.android.inputmethod.latin" on their battery usage? I noticed this popping up a few days ago and have not seen it before. Is that from using some special character on my keyboard or something? It is only using like 2% of my battery so I am not too concerned just wondering what exactly it is.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have "com.android.inputmethod.latin" on their battery usage? I noticed this popping up a few days ago and have not seen it before. Is that from using some special character on my keyboard or something? It is only using like 2% of my battery so I am not too concerned just wondering what exactly it is.

That is the text entry data for your keyboard go into settings and check to see what's up.. Lol I doubt Latin should be running unless it's trying to apply...?? Maybe a reset or turn off and on should help...

Androidatic

Reaction score

Are you using Smart Actions? If not, it helps tremendously. If you are, somethings going on with the phones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is the text entry data for your keyboard go into settings and check to see what's up.. Lol I doubt Latin should be running unless it's trying to apply...?? Maybe a reset or turn off and on should help...

Yeah I restart the phone every morning after I pull it off the charger and it keep popping up. Checked my keyboard settings and I don't see anything that seems like it shouldn't be checked. All my languages are set to English.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I restart the phone every morning after I pull it off the charger and it keep popping up. Checked my keyboard settings and I don't see anything that seems like it shouldn't be checked. All my languages are set to English.

Well brother I'm sure I have my share of bugs too here and there. Lol Matter of fact I have to do a trade in for new one as I have bad speaker in reliever... Lol oh well I love android and it's all part of the game right? I lol
Lord I can't type on this thing.. Too many typos... Lol

luvarabhorse

Reaction score
no problems

Those of you with the Razr I was wondering what the battery life is like on 4g LTE. How long does it last with what type of use. Also is there any droppage of the 4g LTE to 3g and 1x like my Thunderbolt.

I haven't had any problems as of yet. Obviously it all depends on what you do with the phone, but since you can set up smart actions to turn off data use whenever your phone's display goes off, or set wit to whatever triggers you'd like, the battery life on this phone is about 3 times better than my last one. On 4g considering you use maybe two hours talk time and about four hours of play time the phone lasts me about 16 hours. There is also a free handy app I suggest you download that makes it very quick to switch between 4g lte and 3g, so you aren't draining your phone when it's idle. The 3g battery life on this phone for mine is about 28 hours. That is considering actively using the smart actions to conserve my battery power. hoope that helps!

imbue

Reaction score
Just an update since using smart actions:

Been running for 12 hours now under pretty heavy usage. Using navigation, a ton of emails, playing games, more phone calls than normal, searching the market (but no downloads), and not much texting.

My main smart action I use is the included battery extender template...with a couple changes. But I'm firmly believing the smart actions are the key. Strong battery life and keeping up with my wife's iPhone.

Just like anything else in life...if you haven't you should. Pretty damn nice to be able to use this thing all day with confidence of it not dying.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums