Battery life on ICS ... MY Experience.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty good ride ... when mine got to 20% I had to watch 4 Youtube videos to get it to 15% so I could turn it off and recharge. LOL :biggrin:

1:30 pm still at 20%, coming up on 46 hours on this charge:icon_eek:. I don't remember life before my smart phone(s) but I know since my smart phone world began, getting thru a day was the goal. This is something new for sure.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1:30 pm still at 20%, coming up on 46 hours on this charge:icon_eek:. I don't remember life before my smart phone(s) but I know since my smart phone world began, getting thru a day was the goal. This is something new for sure.

The main thing that burns my battery down is talking and texting with my girlfriend. She travels alot for work, so talk and text gets heavy use. If we ever break up I might get a week on a single charge LOL :biggrin:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
The main thing that burns my battery down is talking and texting with my girlfriend. She travels alot for work, so talk and text gets heavy use. If we ever break up I might get a week on a single charge LOL :biggrin:

Can you imagine that, " I just want you to know it's not you, I need to find myself, I need space .....Oh and, I really need to get more Battery life so, we need to break up!"

:icon_eek:

Dr. Phil wouldn't even have a come back for that one! (LoL)

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can you imagine that, " I just want you to know it's not you, I need to find myself, I need space .....Oh and, I really need to get more Battery life so, we need to break up!"

:icon_eek:

Dr. Phil wouldn't even have a come back for that one! (LoL)

LMFAO ... that would be one for the Maury show. "I broke up with you to get better battery life" :biggrin:

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Took your advice and watched some Youtube to kill it. Finally hit 15% at 2:10pm. 46 hours on the Maxx trying to kill it. Amazing.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Took your advice and watched some Youtube to kill it. Finally hit 15% at 2:10pm. 46 hours on the Maxx trying to kill it. Amazing.

I just texted my girlfriend and said "I'm leaving you to get better battery life on my phone" ... she texted me back "Put down the crack pipe, you'll burn it up with somebody else" LMAO :icon_ devil:

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
33 hours and 27 minutes to get to 15% on this last cycle. Happiness is good battery life. :biggrin:

fauxreall

Reaction score
battery life seems to be worse for me, most of you guys are on the razr maxx lol lucky, doesnt matter.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
battery life seems to be worse for me, most of you guys are on the razr maxx lol lucky, doesnt matter.

Well, it matters but there is a bit more wiggle room for sure. Second charge on ICS was yesterday (Sunday) at about 6:00pm. Today at 5;15pm (almost 24 hours) at 70% . All on 4G, WiFi, moderate use phone/internet/text/etc.

Reaction score
I average about 18 hours of moderate to heavy use on a Maxx... :crying:. I almost never use this phone for calls. Use work phone for that.
Notifications and sync on
Never use Bluetooth or Wifi
Brightness at 20% unless I'm outside which I use Automatic for. Screen on time usually around 3-4 hours.
I follow FoxKat's guidelines when charging. Everyone couple months power off and full charge from 10% usually, otherwise I charge every night and the battery ranges from 10% to 25%.

I use:
Tapatalk (Heavy Use) (Inverted SkyBlue theme) (Probably 2 hours of my screen on time)
Light Facebooking
Handcent for texting (Heavy Use) (texts get forwarded through Google Voice) (Auto pop-up is also enabled so I don't have to unlock the phone to text, this is important for SetCPU settings)
Screen Off is set to 15 seconds and phone sleep immediately on screen off

SetCPU using 600-1200 Screen On (and unlocked)
600-800 Screen on (locked)
600-800 Screen off
Hotplug Governor
CFQ Scheduler

Is there anything I could change to increase battery life?