Battery life on ICS ... MY Experience.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well that's the magic of a RAZR Maxx ;-) I know for a fact that if I turn on WiFi instead of 4G/3G on my phone then I get at least 2 more hours of extra battery life. I know that this isn't any iPhone 4S but it's still worth it. Well thank you MattyP for your great tutorial - - hope it helps others as much as it helped me ;-)

No problem at all. I think alot of people just take the phone out of the box and turn on all the bells and whistles and then they wonder why the heck is my battery dropping like a lead balloon? And besides, if you start an app that needs wifi or GPS, it will say "you need to turn on wifi or GPS". But if you leave it on, it only chews on the battery. :)

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have only had ICS a few hours but so far battery life is going pretty good. Dropped fast from 100% to 95% but it settled in after that. Going on a big trip tomorrow so it will be fun to play with some more.

dominikb76

Reaction score
Have 3 Razrs (2 Maxxs) and one Samsung Galaxy and an iPhone 4s in my house. IMO, wouldn't trade my Maxx for BOTH the Samsung and the iPhone.
My oldest was aching to get the iPhone and I won't rain on his parade BUT I can see it in his eyes now he has it - was a mistake.

Damn :) that's a lot of Droid action there lol. I had the 4S before too and I didn't like it too much. Maybe its a bit more smooth then the RAZR because it' iOS but I would take my RAZR over an iPhone just because I love how skinny the RAZR is, I love ICS, and I love that it has a 4.3 inch display with touch buttons. Then on the other hand the iPhone has a 3.5 inch display with a home button -_- that just disgusts me over anything lol ;)

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have only had ICS a few hours but so far battery life is going pretty good. Dropped fast from 100% to 95% but it settled in after that. Going on a big trip tomorrow so it will be fun to play with some more.

Safe travels. Have Fun :biggrin:

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Don't forget your charger ... just in case! LOL :p

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
MattyP said:
Don't forget your charger ... just in case! LOL :p

Always! Car charger ready to go. I have to say so far very impressed with battery life. I had full charge at 10:30am and right now it's at 75% and I have been using it moderately.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Always! Car charger ready to go. I have to say so far very impressed with battery life. I had full charge at 10:30am and right now it's at 75% and I have been using it moderately.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Mine is at about 60% after 11 hours ... and I have been using it pretty moderately all day too. :)

jeverts

Reaction score
First full day on ics and I'm at 9hrs 40% left, very heavy use 4g - I'll be fine...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Scott0719

Reaction score
jeverts said:
First full day on ics and I'm at 9hrs 40% left, very heavy use 4g - I'll be fine...

How on earth??? I was down to 40% by noon lol. That was on wifi most of the time. How did you do that?

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Installed the ICS last night or early morning and have not been back on the charger since. Been on WIFI for 18 hours with some light web surfing about 30 minutes of voice calls and about 50 Google talk messages and texts. Time on battery is 21 hours 51 minutes and the level is 40%. I have not turned off 4G. Tomorrow I will turn off the WIFI to see how much of a difference it makes.

jeverts

Reaction score
Yea, I eventually got to 12 hrs with 20% left before pluggin it in for the nite. Full charge now day 2

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone with my Maxx. Came off the charger 4:00pm Friday = It is now 11:00am Sunday and I still have 25% charge !!! I have been using the crap out of it AND the entire ICS download was during this charge.
I've been waiting to get to 15% so I can recharge. I've been doing extra stuff like freezing apps and internet to try and kill this thing. Even downloaded an app to video call with my son and his iPhone, that call lasted 20 minutes.
Wow.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone with my Maxx. Came off the charger 4:00pm Friday = It is now 11:00am Sunday and I still have 25% charge !!! I have been using the crap out of it AND the entire ICS download was during this charge.
I've been waiting to get to 15% so I can recharge. I've been doing extra stuff like freezing apps and internet to try and kill this thing. Even downloaded an app to video call with my son and his iPhone, that call lasted 20 minutes.
Wow.

That's a pretty good ride ... when mine got to 20% I had to watch 4 Youtube videos to get it to 15% so I could turn it off and recharge. LOL :biggrin: