Battery life 12.24

aamzalag

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone else using 12.24.1 d1miui is experiencing terriblBattwry life. I am running a Chevy ulv 250 min 900 max kernal ondemand setting. The top battery use I'd android system under my battery use in settings. Does anyone else have this issue? Anyone know a possible solution?

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
A

aamzalag

Reaction score
One more thing, does anyone know what com.sidekick does? That is part of android system which is eating my battery

Anathema

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone else using 12.24.1 d1miui is experiencing terriblBattwry life. I am running a Chevy ulv 250 min 900 max kernal ondemand setting. The top battery use I'd android system under my battery use in settings. Does anyone else have this issue? Anyone know a possible solution?

Thanks!

My battery life has been fine, a little lower than previous builds but I did notice Call Standby is the top battery usage for me in this build which is odd since it's normally display. But that drop in battery hasn't been significant enough for it to effect me.

toastedoats

Reaction score
My battery meter has been inconsistant at best with all of the MIUI builds I have installed, even after resetting battery stats its still not consistant

illmatic636

Reaction score
after fully charging my phone and then doing a Clear Battery Stats I noticed when I booted up that I was at 70%. So I charged it to 100% again and re-wiped my Bat Stat. Now I was at 90% after booting up. So I charged to 100% yet again and wiped stats for a 3rd time. When I boot up, still at 100%. I think we need to just calibrate it correctly. We'll see what happens from here.

MJ5150

Reaction score
The stock kernel with 12.24 cranked up to 800 is giving me the best battery life since I got my Droid brand new. I've tried pretty much every ROM out there.

One thing I do now is to wait until it gets down to 5% before I recharge it. I used to put it on the charger when it got down to 30% or 40%. The last couple times, I let it completely die out to where it shut itself off.

-Mike

Last edited:

JLangevin

Reaction score
Confirmed with other builds, that you have to wipe the battery stats at 100%, fully drain the battery, fully charge and drain again for good measure. I get great battery life now.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Mine seems to jump to 90% within a very short time right off the charger and overall it's not real good. I love the ROM so I deal with it because I'm tired of fighting with it.

Kymmy

Reaction score
How/Where do I reset the "battery stats"?

-newb

mke236

Reaction score

Thanks!

Yea, I thought maybe it was just me, but I am also getting poor battery life with this version. Can't go a full day without having to plug in. Kinda sucks. I think Miui is the best rom as far as features go, but batt life and stability is killing me. I had to go back to Bugless 6.1 just because of those two issues.

OP
A

aamzalag

Reaction score
im experiencing a lot worse battery than on the previous version. I used to last 15 hours with nice usage, now im lasting about 8 hours with light usage. Even only lasted about 8 hours while on airplane mode, without any internet data, games, or anything, just used it for a timepiece... that was kinda ridiculous :(

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am getting about 10 hrs. I will wipe batt stats and see if I get better.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine seems to jump to 90% within a very short time right off the charger and overall it's not real good. I love the ROM so I deal with it because I'm tired of fighting with it.

+1 also gets hot but I've tried multiple kernels, oh well rom still rocks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

leonozug

Reaction score
Here's to hoping the 12.31 build will be better on battery life....I have 12.24 installed on my Droid as well as my girlfriends Droid. I seem to get a little better battery life than she does, hers is pretty bad. I've installed every available kernel on hers, wiped battery stats, you name it. Can't understand what is draining it so bad.