Battery life

stark23x

Reaction score
I've seen scattered discussion about this in various threads, but I thought it would be nice to have one thread where we can discuss ways to wring out more battery life without sacrificing performance. Jrummy built a hell of a ROM here, so we're really just guilding the lily, but why not, right?

I switched - just because I could, really - from Chevy's ULV 1g to P3's LV 125-900 and battery life went horribly wrong. I lost 50% of the battery in four hours of light usage with the screen mostly off! Switched back and battery life got much better.

I guess the first question is, which kernels have you found to be the absolute best balance of power, speed and battery life? And next, are you using the new SetCPU and if so, what profiles are you using?

Reaction score
For me, Chevy's kernels combined with JRummy's ROMs are the best battery life I've ever had. I use his 1GHz LV kernel. I can't use the 1GHz ULV (bootloop), but I've found I can use the 1.2GHz ULV. The battery life wasn't as good, and I only overclock to 1 anyway, so I switched back. They just work together perfectly for some reason.

I am using set cpu - 250 min/1000 max (on demand). I should probably tweak the profiles. I'm only using the temp and screen off profiles.

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
I'm not sure what the deal is with my battery life, but it's drastically reduced over the past few days. I installed Kangerade yesterday and was using Chevy's rom for a few days before that. Now many battery seems to last half as long as it did a week ago. I'm sure it's not anything directly related to Kangerade, but I can't figure out what it is. For reference, I was using Chevy's 7-slot ulv 1.25 gig kernel a few days ago and switched to the 1.0 gig earlier today.

jookyone

Reaction score
For me best battery has been with BBv0.4 and Chevy ULV 1Ghz.