Battery Left

mrapollinax

Reaction score
FWIW I've gone back to the stock home application and Batter Left is working normally again.

jbsangel

Reaction score
Up until lately, this was running fine for me, but now all of the sudden its like it keeps losing its calibration. I'll look at the widget and it will say calibrating. I noticed the app seemed more accurate after the last update and I was loving it, but now it's like it keeps resetting and calibrates all over again. My widget settings are also lost and it goes back to showing the main text line as hours left, second text line as estimate % even though I have changed it.

Whats going on here?!

EDIT: Just uninstalled to reinstall and noticed on the app page in the market that the dev is working on this issue.

preinvent

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry I've been quiet round here - been bashing my head against a brick wall trying to fix some DB corruption problems. Anyway, v 2.1.1 of Battery Left is on the market. I've fixed the problem where it keeps recalibrating. i've also added better code to read the low battery levels which should help with Seidio calibration - remember to let your phone run completely down so it turns itself off.

I've also added mV estimates to the widget text - once it's got a reading at 100% (right off the charger) and 0% (when your phone turns off) it should give you a good idea of battery % based on the mV readings.

Also updated the website with some additional FAQs. Let me know of any problems/suggestions etc!

Enjoy!

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love the app and continue to be impressed with your attention to the forum and to continuing to improve and tweak Battery Left. Kudos!

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
My battery left uses 2 percent of my battery... Not much of an issue. Had this since day 1 and it works great. Every update gets better

gatorbait

Reaction score
Love the app. It's the most functional battery app in the market, in my opinion.

I also wanted to chime in and say that I am experiencing negligible battery use from using this widget. I suspect the people that are saying it uses up a lot of battery aren't actually checking their battery usage menu and falsely attributing the battery use to this app.

m@tt

Reaction score
Dev,

I have to say this is the best battery application out there Great Job! It seems lately with this new version and old one I had an issue with the color. I have Gradual color change turn off, but it continues to change my color gradual. Has anyone else had this problem?

plongson

Reaction score
I dumped it. It was always 5% to 20% off from the system amount. Go figure...

jimnutt

Reaction score

That's pretty normal actually. The system amount is a straight linear percentage of battery capacity versus current charge. Battery Left is attempting to predict how much capacity you have left based on usage and battery charge. It's almost always going to be somewhat more pessimistic than the system reading.

preinvent

Reaction score

If it said exactly the same as the system amount, what would be the point of it?!

The system reading is based on how much charge the battery has left. Batteries don't discharge linearly, so the jump from 100% - 90% is almost always much quicker than, say, 30% - 20%.

The Battery Left reading is based on a more linear scale, so it's usual (and in fact expected) for it to read different to the system amount.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Preinvent - I'm not sure if you're still monitoring this thread, but here goes.

I updated to your newest version (2.1.2, right?) the day you released it, and since then, it hasn't yet calibrated at all or given me any predictions. Is it now actually required to let the battery run down to 0 before it gets any accuracy, rather than just recommended? On the older versions, I would start getting pretty accurate estimated percents/times even without letting it run down. But I don't have the convenience of letting it run all the way down just to calibrate a widget - I need my Droid to be fairly well charged most of the time. I'll keep an eye on my schedule (maybe on a weekend) for a time when I could allow it to run down, but it might take a few weeks.

Or am I doing it wrong?

preinvent

Reaction score
I'm here!

That's not right - it should show /something/ at least.

Do you have an y task killers that could be killing the batteryleft service?