Battery Left

Detonation

Reaction score
Unfortunately it looks like I am going to be giving up on this app. I have tried reinstalling/recalibrating at least 4 times to prevent it from showing a negative percent or sitting empty at zero with actual battery left. I usually charge my battery every other night once its almost dead. At first the app gives a good estimate, but after a week or two of use its always very low compared to the system and runs out before the battery actually does. I understand the estimate isn't perfect (nor were my calibrations) but I guess my phone/battery use is too inconsistent to predict. I still give credit to the developer, and I guess its better the app gives me an under estimate rather than an over estimate.

Here's what don't get: why people give up when the app has so many customizations. It can be easily configured to reprt all the system percentages, so it can easily be just another battery widget too. To each his own I guess. Sorry it isn't working for you. I haven't had that problem. I have seen it run out of juice and sit at zero, but it updates eventually.

I have desire for a system battery widget; I am content with the one in the top bar. I got this because I like the idea of knowing the real time left on my battery rather than just the power left according to what the system reads. However, if its not accurate (as either an over or under estimate) then its not really helpful to have anymore.

jbsangel

Reaction score
I have desire for a system battery widget; I am content with the one in the top bar. I got this because I like the idea of knowing the real time left on my battery rather than just the power left according to what the system reads. However, if its not accurate (as either an over or under estimate) then its not really helpful to have anymore.
That makes sense. My post wasn't really directed at you specifically (although I know i did quote your post, mostly cuz i was posting from the droid and too lazy to delete the reply out) but more just in general. There's always someone posting saying it doesn't work in reporting accurate percent left and I'm usually left thinking, ok well then just how about letting it report the system percent left? LOL

I can't stand the top bar icon because it doesn't reflect what the system is actually reporting sometimes. my battery might be at 30% but the bar icon still looks half full and craziness like that.

Scoobz

Reaction score
Interested in knowing why mine went from being accurate to only moderately accurate now? And it died last night as I was looking right at it and it said I still had 3 hours left...

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I just updated the Home ++ this weekend when the update rolled out. For a little while the battery left said I had 2 hours total on a 100%. I figured ok need to recalibrate. I was previously gettin 17-18 hours average on the meter, though I never really tested the extent of the truth. I know at one point early after install of battery left I let it run down, I was getting 12-13 hours average then and it went on about 2 hours after its estimate.

Now after the Home++ upgrade I am getting 31-32 hour estimated time on a 100%. I know on of the listed improvements of the Home++ upgrade was improved battery usage but that seems odd to me. Anyone else experience the jump in battery life.

I usually do some texting, a few calls here and there, and some frequent surfing and market searching on a regular basis. I do use the media dock during the week at work and it usually never goes below 70% before I go home due to on and off again charging in the station. But on weekends i go all day usually and sometimes through night without charging.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I just updated the Home ++ this weekend when the update rolled out. For a little while the battery left said I had 2 hours total on a 100%. I figured ok need to recalibrate. I was previously gettin 17-18 hours average on the meter, though I never really tested the extent of the truth. I know at one point early after install of battery left I let it run down, I was getting 12-13 hours average then and it went on about 2 hours after its estimate.

Now after the Home++ upgrade I am getting 31-32 hour estimated time on a 100%. I know on of the listed improvements of the Home++ upgrade was improved battery usage but that seems odd to me. Anyone else experience the jump in battery life.

I usually do some texting, a few calls here and there, and some frequent surfing and market searching on a regular basis. I do use the media dock during the week at work and it usually never goes below 70% before I go home due to on and off again charging in the station. But on weekends i go all day usually and sometimes through night without charging.

I'm seeing this behavior as well. I'm not sure what HPP is doing with the battery reporting that might cause this or what might have changed with the last widget update.

edit: I've posted a message in the HPP support group: http://groups.google.com/group/hpp-issues/browse_thread/thread/3c70f6cfca4c2723

rawburt

Reaction score
Mine recalibrated on its own last night. Went from moderate to accurate fairly quick. The system % and estimated % seem to be much closer then they were before.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I recalibrated just to be sure and I'm still getting a 40+ hour battery life indicator. If this really is my battery life i'd be happy. However in my experience my life is closer in the 20hr range. I'll try and let my phone just discharge and start from scratch again.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I noticed sometimes the system and batteryleft % can be wildy off. but the closer they come to 0 the more they synced up. However I notice that the system and batteryleft synced more closely now. i know that batteryleft had an update too recently. I am letting mine drain too for the sake of testing. I started at about 7:00 am and about 10 hours later its showing 71% (70% sysem).

dmo580

Reaction score
I noticed sometimes the system and batteryleft % can be wildy off. but the closer they come to 0 the more they synced up. However I notice that the system and batteryleft synced more closely now. i know that batteryleft had an update too recently. I am letting mine drain too for the sake of testing. I started at about 7:00 am and about 10 hours later its showing 71% (70% sysem).

I think the intent is for the % on the widget to equate to time whereas the % on the system to equate to raw battery left. If you use your handset a LOT during the day, you could see a huge % drop in the system, but if you make it till you sleep and you ease up on use, then itll even out.

The widget looks at how long you use your battery for...

snowman

Reaction score
Guys and Gals I'm surprised at the wanting of exactly how long will my phone operate theory,
it is an educated guess on past use theory, if you don't normally use the maps for instance, and all of a sudden, use GPS a lot ,then all of the usage will change and it will drastically shorten how long the battery last.
it (the program) will re-adjust at the time to show hey you used the GPS a lot and here is a bout how long your battery is good for now.
Charging the battery and then looking at the indicator doesn't mean this is how long the battery is good for, you haven't used it yet, if you don't do anything with the phone, use it or play music or anything it will probably last this long but as you use it these conditions will change. and the program will say now you have this much time left.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Some of us use the phone in a regular, and predictable fashion day to day. The average time of usage over a general charge cycle of the battery time should provide the basis of the estimation on how long you can run your phone on average before the battery will give out. Yes we understand this is a fluid scale and will flucuate based on the intensity and type of application and duration of the use of various applications. We do however want to know what we can expect on the average use. The sudden jump in battery performance as measured by battery left after a home ++ update is what we are questioning, not the overall theory of how battery left works.

That being said, I have left mine on with normal usage for me. I am sitting at 22% (30% system) and have been on from 7:00am Monday. So about 26.5 hours. I don't think I have had it last that long before. This monring after first using it the Battery left % was 12 while the system was 30%. I used the internet for 5 minutes and coming back to the home screen battery left % went from the 12% to 30% (from 3 hours left est. to 10 hours est); a total 34 hour estimate life from full charge. The update seems to rely more on the system estimate than before.

dmo580

Reaction score
its very difficult for me to run down the battery fully to calibrate this thing. i could go into the 2nd day probably, but i'd probably die well before lunch. i can't just leave my phone plugged in at that point, so I gotta charge at night. Usually 30% or so left. I wish the calibration could work based off of that ><

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Ok so this morning I take it off charge. I looked at the batteryleft and it was blanked. Ok its calibrating. But i look a a few minutes later and I am getting 4 hours estimate.
Though system still says 100 the battery left is at 50% with 2 hours left in estimate. Now i know for sure from Monday to yesterday I actually got 28 hours before I charged it at 18% (20% system). But I guess all does not matter considering the update coming. We'll have to see how Batteryleft likes 2.1 on the droid, cause it doesn't really like it with Home++ now.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
@legalkill: My installation did what you are describing yesterday. Battery Left estimated that my total battery life was about 6.5 hours so I was constantly seeing 3-4 hour %left estimation after charging it when it got to ~15%. I have since not plugged it in since noticing this and now battery left is reporting that my full battery life is about 40 hrs again. At this point I'm using the "send data" option to send the data to the developer to see if there is something wrong.

The latest Home++ update added support for scrolling widgets. I'm wondering if it changed a reference that Battery Left uses to calibrate it's usage behaviors.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I just looked at mine again. It seems when the system % changed from 100 to 90, Battery left adjusted its estimate from 50 to 80. Still says 9 total hours now from 4, but its wonky behavior is really erratic. I think I will give it past the system update and decide then to look for something else if its still not reading right.