Battery Left

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I'm here!

That's not right - it should show /something/ at least.

Do you have an y task killers that could be killing the batteryleft service?

Nope, I don't use any task killers. In the settings, I chose estimated % as my main display parameter, same as I always used to. But instead of a percentage, the display reads "Need lo"; whatever error message it's giving is too long to fit into a space made for a 7-character readout.

I'm going to try an un/reinstall later today.

preinvent

Reaction score
In the settings, I chose estimated % as my main display parameter, same as I always used to. But instead of a percentage, the display reads "Need lo"; whatever error message it's giving is too long to fit into a space made for a 7-character readout.

if it says "need lo" then it's showing the mV %, not the estimated %. Can you confirm?

If you need to use mV% then yes you do need to let the phone run totally flat until it powers off.

For normal estimated % you don't need to, but it shouldn't ssay need hi or need lo.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
In the settings, I chose estimated % as my main display parameter, same as I always used to. But instead of a percentage, the display reads "Need lo"; whatever error message it's giving is too long to fit into a space made for a 7-character readout.

if it says "need lo" then it's showing the mV %, not the estimated %. Can you confirm?

If you need to use mV% then yes you do need to let the phone run totally flat until it powers off.

For normal estimated % you don't need to, but it shouldn't ssay need hi or need lo.

Aha, thank you. You correctly diagnosed my stupid user error. :)

I must have been skimming through the settings quickly to get everything the way I had it, and chose "estimated voltage %" rather than "estimated battery %" right above it.

dmo580

Reaction score
anyway we can have a battery life counter kinda like how laptops work? when you start firing up a DIVX movie or something CPU intensive, it goes down, but comes back up as you close stuff and go to idle?

I think that's the battery life counter many of us are already used to. Doesn't really help me if it tells me I have 24 hours left and I want to watch a movie on my phone. I have to do my own mental calculations that this movie will take a lot of battery power and so I'll be closer to 2 hrs isntead of 24 hrs.

Detonation

Reaction score
I've finally decided to give up and uninstall this app. It works great shortly after calibration, but a week or 2 later and its estimates are always far too low. The % will often get close to zero when my phone still read 40-50%. It will then just stay there for the next couple of hours until my battery actually does die. Not very useful.

I dock and charge my phone every night (the stock battery reading is usually 50% or more around then) so perhaps that is messing up the calibration. But I guess I don't really even need this app if I charge it every night anyways...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it still doesn't work (in terms of Time Remaining) with the extended battery. I have to use the mV reading for that. If it hits 3500mV I don't have that much time left.

preinvent

Reaction score
I've finally decided to give up and uninstall this app. It works great shortly after calibration, but a week or 2 later and its estimates are always far too low. The % will often get close to zero when my phone still read 40-50%. It will then just stay there for the next couple of hours until my battery actually does die. Not very useful.

I dock and charge my phone every night (the stock battery reading is usually 50% or more around then) so perhaps that is messing up the calibration. But I guess I don't really even need this app if I charge it every night anyways...

Got a fix for this coming soon. Basically the full calibration gets it pretty accurate, then in general use (ie multiple plug/unplug from charging, not always charging totally full etc) the readings go bad. Will update market in the next few days.

Matt

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Got a fix for this coming soon. Basically the full calibration gets it pretty accurate, then in general use (ie multiple plug/unplug from charging, not always charging totally full etc) the readings go bad. Will update market in the next few days.

Matt
looking forward to that, mine does the same thing.

HorizonSon

Reaction score

Matt

Glad to hear it!... I'm new to the product and still calibrating my battery with the program. Question: I hot-swap batteries; will this make my readings inaccurate? The stock is 1300mAh (which I rarely uses) and the two I most often swap between are both 1750mAh rated. Thanks for your dedication :)

preinvent

Reaction score
Glad to hear it!... I'm new to the product and still calibrating my battery with the program. Question: I hot-swap batteries; will this make my readings inaccurate? The stock is 1300mAh (which I rarely uses) and the two I most often swap between are both 1750mAh rated. Thanks for your dedication :)

Yes it will unfortunately. I'm working on multiple battery profiles, but it's a little way off yet.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyway we can have a battery life counter kinda like how laptops work? when you start firing up a DIVX movie or something CPU intensive, it goes down, but comes back up as you close stuff and go to idle?

I think that's the battery life counter many of us are already used to. Doesn't really help me if it tells me I have 24 hours left and I want to watch a movie on my phone. I have to do my own mental calculations that this movie will take a lot of battery power and so I'll be closer to 2 hrs isntead of 24 hrs.

Well, there is BatteryTime, which gives you information like that. It gives you time left for Idle, Talk, Video, Audio and Web.

Unfortunately, I have the extended battery and at the moment I can only go by a mV reading.