Battery Snap vs BatteryLeft

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying out an app called Battery Snap. I've been using BatteryLeft for a few weeks and while I like it, I haven't gotten an accurate Time Remaining since I got the extended battery. I recalibrated and right after a full 14 hours charging (3rd full charge on the battery) it says I have 10 hours left with 4182mV. That's the longest time remaining so far. It does run longer than that, but even with an "Accurate" reading it doesn't show much.

Battery Snap is a free app with some nice features. You have a choice of widgets, for example. It has a graph. It said I have 1 day and 9 hours when BatteryLeft said 10 hours.

I can't really say "Get rid of BatteryLeft" because it has some nice features. For one thing, I can choose what is displayed on the widget and the voltage is in mV, not volts.

Has anyone else used Battery Snap? You can see it at Battery snap v2.6.0 Application for Android | Tools

Xhelight

Reaction score
I use Battery snap. Very cool dynamic graphic. I can't stop playing with it!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I might have to try this too, I use Battery left for my 2800mAh and gave up on an accurate reading and strictly go by MV, I dont even have the Accuracy show up on the widget because it is so misleading, and I pushed battery left app into the system and themed the widget, which I would have to do here too

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What type of theming did you do to the battery left widget??? I am interested....:)

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
Dang, I cannot download batterysnap. It states that it's no longer in the Market Place. I went to the link above that the OP linked....tried the barcode. It would still take me to the Market Place...yet I still cannot locate it.

:(

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I just downloaded the BatterySnap from the market no problem, looks like there is no need to theme it though as it has a fully transparent background option. That is what I did with battery left, removed the battery.png so all that shows is the percentages/mv/temp or whatever, just text no background. Everything on my Droid is themed transparent, Astrid, Calendar, all stock widgets, Pandora, SetCpu, AudioManager, etc. I run Live Wallpapers and like to see as much background as possible without sacrificing any of my Widgets

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
tparker, just pm'd you a little while ago, hope you can help?? :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got it, I will get back with you via P.M.

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space