battery icon shows grey with exclamation point and battery won't charge

funzach

Reaction score
About a week ago I noticed my Droid incredible wasn't fully charging so I plugged it in and watched what happened. After about 1 minute the phone stopped charging, the Orange charge light began to blink from Orange to green and the battery icon turned grey and showed an explanation point. When I checked the battery status under about phone it said "unknown". Now in order to get any kind of charge I have to sit next to my phone and unplug and replug it when it starts slashing and grey exclamation point is shown. Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a solution. How can I get back to regular charge status so that I don't have to babysitter my phone?

OP
F

funzach

Reaction score
About a week ago I noticed my Droid incredible wasn't fully charging so I plugged it in and watched what happened. After about 1 minute the phone stopped charging, the Orange charge light began to blink from Orange to green and the battery icon turned grey and showed an explanation point. When I checked the battery status under about phone it said "unknown". Now in order to get any kind of charge I have to sit next to my phone and unplug and replug it when it starts slashing and grey exclamation point is shown. Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a solution. How can I get back to regular charge status so that I don't have to babysitter my phone?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I assume you are using a wall charger and not usb.

If so then it sounds like a bad battery or bad hardware. Do u know someone with another battery so you can test?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
funzach, they frown on posting the same thread more than once, it clutters the forum, sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for someone to address the issue at hand, or you can just post again in your original thread to *bump* it back to the top of the most recent listings if you think it got missed

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your issue is being addressed in your original post

OP
F

funzach

Reaction score
The same thing happens when I plug into a computer through usb. Sorry about the double post. I wasn't sure if it went through. I don't have another battery handy. I may be able to find one later today. Will let you know the results when I test.

daughertyh

Reaction score
grey battery icon with the exclamation mark.

I had the same thing happen to my Thunderbolt. The battery wouldn't charge and got the grey battery icon with the exclamation mark. I took it to a Verizon store and the tech guy had never seen it before. We tested other batteries and even a new extended battery but the grey icon did not go away. After 2 hours of updating firmware, uninstalling task manager, lookout, and a few other apps that "may be the culprit" They gave up and are sending me a new phone tomorrow.