Exclamation Point over battery

gerrya

Reaction score
Just got Rezound yesterday and I have an exclamation point that comes and goes over battery. It is not hot. The first time I charged it the led icon would occasionally flash green-yellow. Anyone else notice this. Maybe it needs a few power cycles?
Thanks,
Gerry

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While the phone is off or on? No, never noticed this...

OP
G

gerrya

Reaction score
While the phone is off or on? No, never noticed this...
The flashing led was with phone off. Exclamation point is with power on. Phone is only slightly warm, came from Incredible and that phone could get hot.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, not sure what that is, using the stock factory cable? Maybe a power cycle... power phone off, charge till 100%, turn on, see what happens, then maybe try a full cycle.

OP
G

gerrya

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure what that is, using the stock factory cable? Maybe a power cycle... power phone off, charge till 100%, turn on, see what happens, then maybe try a full cycle.
Yep, used stock cable. Getting exclamation point while not charging. It will switch from normal green battery then to gray batt with exclamation point.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, used stock cable. Getting exclamation point while not charging. It will switch from normal green battery then to gray batt with exclamation point.

So, when not plugged in, is when you get the explanation point? Sounds like the battery is being read incorrectly. See if you can get to Verizon and try and convince them to switch out an OEM battery for it, see if that works. Hopefully the battery is defective, and not the phone.

OP
G

gerrya

Reaction score
So, when not plugged in, is when you get the explanation point? Sounds like the battery is being read incorrectly. See if you can get to Verizon and try and convince them to switch out an OEM battery for it, see if that works. Hopefully the battery is defective, and not the phone.
yep when not plugged in. Got it from Amazonwireless so not sure how much Verizon store will help. Ill give it a few charge cycles and then contact amazon.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yep when not plugged in. Got it from Amazonwireless so not sure how much Verizon store will help. Ill give it a few charge cycles and then contact amazon.

However, Verizon store will not know where you got the phone from. Just that its a Verizon phone on their network. Just go in, show them what its doing, and tell them that before you call tech support that you want to see if another OEM battery will work. Hopefully they'll be nice and switch out the battery for you.

robert70

Reaction score
Vzw doesn't care where you got the phone from, just that it is a phone under contract on their network, and if its a phone under warrenty they souls switch out the battery.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
G

gerrya

Reaction score
Just a follow up: Brought phone into Verizon Store and after about 30 minutes for the Tech to Google what the gray battery icon was, and not finding it, they gave me a new battery. All is well now. I contacted Amazon and although they couldn't send a new battery, they offered me a $40 credit.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just a follow up: Brought phone into Verizon Store and after about 30 minutes for the Tech to Google what the gray battery icon was, and not finding it, they gave me a new battery. All is well now. I contacted Amazon and although they couldn't send a new battery, they offered me a $40 credit.

Sweet! Sounds like ya got it covered. Glad it worked out for ya.

Xtian

Reaction score

Right out of the box, I experienced same. Took the phone back to the Corporate Verizon Wireless store I'd purchased from and referenced this post; that plus a screenshot of my home screen with the grayed-out battery and exclamation point hovering over it (mine was an intermittent problem, so I wanted to be prepared in case the battery didn't fail while I was back at the store) was enough to get them to swap my battery with no problem. The swapped battery has behaved normally without displaying any battery errors for the last day or so. Problem solved.