battery dying overnight?

isoDUB

Reaction score
i went to sleep with about 50% and when i woke up (around 9:30) my battery was dead. is there something i should turn off like sync or other stuff? if so, how do i do it?

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
thanks. i've been doing some reading and testing, and it seems that at first wifi was killing my battery, and the bug in CM7 where Deep Sleep mode isn't used hurt my battery a lot. gonna try some other stuff to save battery.. any suggestions?

amontem

Reaction score
thanks. i've been doing some reading and testing, and it seems that at first wifi was killing my battery, and the bug in CM7 where Deep Sleep mode isn't used hurt my battery a lot. gonna try some other stuff to save battery.. any suggestions?

If you're on the froyo kernel try the nightlies from revnumbers, or you can try the new builds based off the GB kernel. I'm on the latter and battery life is at least twice as better as before. Plus overall it just feels snappier. Both options have the sleep mode fix.

froyo-kernel revnumbers nightlies: http://www.revnumbers.info/dx.html

g
b-kernel: [DEV_THREAD]DroidX CM7 with Gingerbread Kernel

OP
isoDUB

isoDUB

Reaction score
how do i know if i have the froyo kernal? i would try to flash those but it took me a while to get my phone set up the way i want. i tried out my phone today, and with setcpu at 800 max 300 min, i went 10 hours with 60% left (7am-5pm). that's with about 1 hour 30 min of browsing, and if i did some more browsing and a couple hours of music, the battery life would be about anywhere between 10-15 hours. a lot better than i expected.