Battery weirdness.

MRex21

Reaction score
Using original Moto Droid, FroYo 2.2.1

Last night, I went to bed around 9:30pm. Read a few pages on Aldiko reader, hit the power button to shut off the screen and went to sleep. My Droid had a full charge.

This morning I woke up around 7:30am and the phone turned itself off, presumably from a dead battery. I hooked it up to the wall charger and after a few minutes (5 or so) it showed a 60% charge.

I thought this was a little unusual. When I went to sleep, the screen was off, but GPS, Sync, and WiFi were 'on'. Screen was set to its darkest setting.

Ideas?dancedroid

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Well sounds about right if GPS and sync was on bc that will run even when screen is off....ru running a ROM or anything.....and little man might have came in your room last night and cut it off 2

Tappen and Talken

OP
MRex21

MRex21

Reaction score
No ROMs. Bone stock Moto Droid, unrooted with FroYo 2.2.1.

I realize the smart phones are battery hogs, but I thought going from 100% to 0% in 8 hours with no activity on the phone was a little unusual.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea that's not right might have a bad battery if its a D1 I would take it to the store and have it checked out and that should solve your prob but that's what it sounds like to me

Tappen and Talken

darrick04

Reaction score
Have the exact same problem. My battery was showing 20% left and I put it on the dock to charge it. Within about 10 minutes the charge showed 70%? That is entirely impossible and the only thing I have running is sync.

I called a VZW rep tonight and described my issues, along with the phone feeling extremely hot after the battery drains, about how it randomly shuts off, etc. I didn't even realize I was 8 days away from my 1 year warranty being up so after a few troubleshooting measures (*228, battery pull, making sure everything is updated) she just said she will be sending me a new phone, rather than waiting because of the warranty.

I am completely stock, no app killer, normal browsing, no gaming, rare YouTube use, and this is a very recent problem for me. I just hope the replacement Droid doesn't do the exact same thing.